Chapter Four

(Still Friday)

‘Hey where are we going?’ Zayn asked as Harry led him away from their normal lunch stop.

‘We’re going to go and sit with Niall.’ Harry replied

‘What? Why do I have to come?’ Zayn asked bemused

‘Because you said you’d help.’

‘I didn’t think that meant showing my face in public with the ‘popular kids’.’

‘Oh chill their not that bad. Louis almost set my table on fire today in Chem and Niall’s quick funny when he wants to be. Besides you have to thank Liam for giving you such a lovely black eye.’ Harry chucked

‘Oh yeah? And I’m sure Eleanor will defiantly welcome you to the table.’ Zayn replied sarcastically

Harry winced. ‘Maybe I should apologise. I was a bit of a jerk.’

‘Oh yeah cause that’s totally stopped you before.’

‘Yeah but apologising might get me in the good books with Niall.’

‘Didn’t carrying him to the sick bay last night do that?’ Zayn asked resided to his fate.

Harry pulled a face ‘No that just seemed to succeed in pissing him off.’

‘Hmm, maybe this kid does have brains.’

‘Shut up.’ Harry replied as they reached the group of five who were sitting at one of the outside tables. ‘Mind if we join you?’ Harry asked depositing himself next to Louis. ‘I wanted to say thank you to Liam for nocking some sense into my friends head.’ He said smirking at Zayn.

‘Shut up, you retard.’ Zayn said kicking him under that table.

‘Ow!’ Harry exclaimed rubbing his leg. ‘Na, I wanted to apologise to Eleanor for being a douche last week.’

‘If this is a weird attempt to get into my pants it’s not going to work.’ Eleanor said critically.

Harry laughed and said ‘Don’t worry you’re not really my type.’

‘I’m not sure whether I should be saying thank you or if I should be offended.’ She replied

‘You should say thank you. Harry’s normal types are sluts.’ Zayn replied without looking up from his food.

Niall and Louis cracked up causing half of Niall’s mouthful to fall out of his mouth.

‘Oh lovely Niall.’ Danielle said causing him to laugh more.  

Harry liked Niall’s laugh. There was nothing fake or pretend about it. Harry had heard people describe others laughter as musical. Niall’s defiantly wasn’t. His laughter was almost comical, the sort of laugh which made others laugh. Harry imagined that if he hung around this group long enough he’d find that Niall’s laughter was probably far funnier then whatever he was laughing at and that most people would probably laugh at him rather then whatever the joke was. Harry found himself chuckling along with the other.

It was nice having someone to talk to. He loved hanging out with Zayn but Zayn wasn’t one to just chat. If Zayn was talking it was normally about something important or else not at all.

‘Is your nose alright?’ Zayn asked suddenly

‘Yeah I had the nurse look at it. She said its fine for me to compete.’ Liam replied

‘I love how your competition is more important then whether or not your nose is broken.’ Danielle said dryly causing Niall to laugh again.

Harry soon discovered that Niall laughed at practically everything and especially at anything and everything that Louis said or did. Harry had to admit that Louis’ antics were rather amusing in that he was a complete lunatic and would say the most random stuff half way though a conversation. Harry decided that his reputation as the school joker was well earned.