Chapter Eleven

(Tuesday 18th September)

Harry approached Niall the next day in thier free. Louis and Liam had been giving him meaningful looks every time they saw him the day before.

‘Hey Niall.’ Harry said sitting down across from him at one of the work tables in the library

‘What no pet names today?’ Niall asked smiling at the curly hair boy.

Harry couldn’t help but smile back before sighing ‘Liam and Louis brought something to my attention the other day and I thought I should clear it up.’

‘What?’ Niall asked giving Harry an amazingly cute confused look.

Harry had already decided to do this without telling Niall that Liam and Louis, had told him that Niall was gay. He didn’t want to destroy their friendship; he couldn’t do that to the boy. ‘They both thought I was gay and I realised that I may have given you the same impression.’

Niall went red ‘I didn’t…’ Niall stumbled over his words ‘I mean… Louis, Liam and I act gay all the time. So I hadn’t really thought about it.’

Harry smiled ‘That’s ok then. I just thought I’d make sure.’

Niall forced a smile ‘Well thanks. But I’m not gay so, it’s not a problem.’

Harry saw Niall divert his eyes as he lied. ‘Sure you’re not. You know it’s ok, if you are.’

‘It doesn’t matter because I’m not.’ Niall replied defensively.

‘Whatever you say Nialler.’ Harry stood up and rubbed the top of Niall’s head as he walked by. ‘I’ll see you later.’

_______________________________________________________________________

‘Has anyone seen Niall?’ Louis asked in the change rooms that night.

Liam looked up ‘Not since lunch.’

‘I saw him in our free directly after lunch.’ Harry added looking around the locker room and realising that he was indeed missing.

‘I’ll text him and see whats going on.’ Liam decided.

Ten minutes later the boys were walking out onto the field.

‘Did Niall reply?’ Harry asked Liam concered.

‘Nope, I tried calling him to but he didn’t answer.’ Liam replied.

‘Maybe his phones flat.’ Louis guessed.

‘That doesn’t explain why he hasn’t shown up to practise.’ Liam replied looking worried.

‘There could be any number of reasons….’ Louis trailed off. He turned and looked at Harry ‘Did you have that talk with him?’

‘Yeah but…’ Harry trailed off realising Louis implication.

‘I’m going to find him…’ Louis said heading back towards the change rooms.

‘Louis you have to take practise. I’ll go.’ Liam put a restraining hand on Louis arm.

‘No.’ Harry cut him off ‘I’ll go. If he’s not here because of me then it’s my job to fix it.’

Liam and Louis looked at one another.

‘Ok, but if you find him text us. Do you know where he lives?’ Harry shook his head ‘Go there first.’ Louis said writing Niall address down for him.

Harry nodded then headed back into the change rooms to change back into his normal cloths. Harry called his mum who drove him to Niall’s. ‘Thanks Mum. I’ll text you if I need picking up.’