Chapter Twenty-Three

Waking up after a fight with someone has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. As if I needed another reason to feel physically and emotionally drained. I also felt angry. Very angry. The minute I woke up, I remembered the fight I'd had with my Mom the night before and felt myself fuming.

I couldn't believe she would hide something like that from me. I couldn't believe that I didn't pick up on it earlier. I was a total idiot consumed in all the other problems I had to deal with that I barely noticed her odd behavior.

I wanted to argue with her more, tell her what she did was wrong and that she had no right to be getting mad at my for quitting gymnastics. But I knew I had other things to do. She would be asleep at this time anyway.

I got myself up and got ready for another Eric-less day at the Undercover Agency. I'd somehow made it to Wednesday.

When I went downstairs, I knew my Mom was still asleep so I made my way out of the house quieter than usual. There wasn't going to be a chance in hell that I would confront her this morning. I would have to deal with everything simply later.

Cassie had been the same this morning, just helping me quickly organizing things before she had to get back to her own work.

"Agent Becca on the move," she spoke into her device as we once again made our way to the limo.

I stayed silent as we walked together.

"Eric will be back tomorrow afternoon, did Turner tell you?"

I sighed "Yes, he did."

She stayed silent after my reply and I knew she must have been thinking about if I was keeping their relationship in the dark.

"I haven't told anyone" I looked at her worried face, "just so you know."

She sighed "It's not that I'm worried about," before she could elaborate further, Turner appeared from the other side of the path, also making his way to the limo.

"A little later than usual," Cassie noted. "Rule number one, don't be late" she teased.

"I had a lot of work" he shrugged as he pulled out car keys and unlocked the limo.

"Is Captain also making you fill out the midyear report? I almost threw it in the bin this morning out of frustration." She still held her spy device but dropped her arms down to her side.

"When did it get so specific? The amount of detail that is required for these things is crazy." Turner answered.

"I know," Cassie agreed, "and I still have to fill out the forms for eight other missions," she complained.

I got the feeling they wanted to say more to each other then realized that they probably couldn't because I was standing there. As the look of realization hit my face, I began walking to the limo.

"I'll, uh, meet you in there," I said awkwardly to Turner as I tried to come off as casual as I could.

I got into the limo and sat there in silence until the front door opened and Turner got in. I could see his expression in the front mirror and realized something. Oh God.

"How long have you known?" he asked without further explanation - not that it was needed.

"Known what?" I asked innocently.

"Becca." He said with a firmer tone.

I sighed. "Not long."

"Did Cassie tell you?" he asked in a softer voice.

"Not exactly," I said as I cringed at the memory.

He looked at me, wanting me to explain further.