Chapter Twelve

Sunday was my day free of training for everything. It was my one free day to just relax. But when I woke up in the morning, I felt anything but that.

Millions of thoughts of everything ran through my mind. Was I ever going to be able to solve this mission? It seemed impossible at this point. In my mind, I had already worked out that I would either get fired for not solving the mission or some other agent who wasn't even working on the case would work it out before me. I placed my head face down on the pillow groaning in annoyance. This whole situation was just so damn confusing.

About half an hour later I decided to finally get up. I went downstairs to make myself a cup of green tea and was surprised to see my Mom was already awake.

"Hey, what are you doing up so early?" I asked her.

She turned to me with a slightly guilty face, but overall she was grinning. Oh no. I know that look.

"Hi darling I'm having another charity event this afternoon for Homeless citizens in Ar-"

I groaned. "Another one Mom?"

She nodded her head, "The caterers and orchestra will be here in half an hour."

There was no stopping her. I sighed as I grabbed my mug of tea and went back upstairs. A huge party going on downstairs on the one night I have to myself? So much for the peace and quiet I had been hoping for. I sat down on my bed drinking my tea and flipping through a magazine I had picked up downstairs. It was one of those exaggerated celebrity gossip ones with articles saying things like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber were having a secret love child or that Lady Gaga had two vaginas. I always cursed myself for reading such garbage but found it so hard to stop. The fact that people would spread rumors and place other people's lives out in the spotlight seemed like the cruelest job in the world to me. I guess I was lucky that I was with the RUA for now; privacy was pretty much a guarantee and requirement there. Regardless I continued to read the nonsense magazine as it amused me.

Ten minutes later I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs.

"Ooh! They must be here early!" I heard my Mom yell. I got up putting the mug down on my desk, closing the trash magazine and slowly walked down the stairs to see what the commotion was about.

I heard my Mom open the door. "Oh! Hi, Debby dear! How have you been?" she asked happily, seeming happy to see her.

Oh no. I bolted down the stairs and started yelling really loudly before Debby could reply. "Debby!" I yelled. "How nice to see you lets go upstairs to my room!" I screeched loudly grabbing her. I didn't want her to have a chance to talk to my Mum in case she told her I hadn't been at school.

"But aren't you like sick I don't want to-" Debby began.

"No, I'm fine, " I screamed out as I dragged her up the stairs. "Anyway I'm so glad that you came over, I really need your help with this Geography assi -" I shut my bedroom door as soon as she entered.

"Look, I need to talk to you," I said quietly.

She looked at me completely puzzled. "What is going on? What the heck was all that about?" she asked, sitting down on my bed.

I sighed. I had to tell her. I had to break one of Eric's rules otherwise everything would collapse. "I haven't been at school because I've been at Kennedy High," I said letting out a deep breath.

"Kennedy High? Our rival school? Did you move schools? Becca why would you-"

"Look, I didn't move schools. I'm only at Kennedy High because.....I'm working undercover." I explained, cutting her off from all her questions.