Chapter Twenty-Eight

I opened my eyes slowly as I regained consciousness. I had blurry vision and was overcome with the sharp pain of a pounding headache. 

I tried to lift up my arms to rub my eyes but found I couldn't move them - I was restricted. I suddenly became more aware of my surroundings and realized I was tied to a chair. I moved my hands around, trying to release myself - when that didn't work, I grew frightened. I looked around the room in confusion, hoping for a sign that someone was there. The darkness in the room only scared me more as I could barely see anything. 

What the hell was going on? 

The tape around my wrists, arms and legs was tight enough that I could already feel it cutting off the circulation in my hands. I continued struggling to break free from the classroom chair, using any strength I could muster.

"There's no use," I heard a familiar voice say, hiding in darkness in the corner of the room.

Suddenly I was blinded by fluorescent lights as the dark figure flicked the switch next to them. The room instantly bright enough for me to see. I was frazzled as I tried to readjust my eyesight.  

"You're not going to escape the tape. It's layered too thick and tight," the voice continued as I watched them, too shocked to look around and gather my surroundings. My heart missed a beat and I turned pale in fear. I was in pure disbelief. 

I found myself questioning everything that had ever happened since my arrival at Kennedy High but was too confused to make sense of it all. How did I miss this? It was right in front of me all along. 

The figure grinned at my discomfort as they stood in front of me in their long bright pink ballgown with their blond hair resting on their shoulders.

...Tasha?

"What are you doing?" I croaked in a hoarse voice, feeling like I was in a dream. I was in denial, searching for another reason for why she was there. She couldn't be...

She continued grinning, taking a few steps forward to the center of the room where I was, defenseless and strapped to the chair. "Oh honey, haven't you figured it out yet?" She teased, leaning forward and playing with a few locks of my hair. I winced at her touch, moving my face out of her reach.

"You're the dealer," I froze. My blood ran cold instantly at her confirmation. 

She clapped her hands lightly, smiling sickly. "Yay, she figured it out," she giggled.

I heard a throat clear behind me and tried to turn my head, shocked by another presence in the room. "Don't forget me," Violet smiled, walking up to Tasha and standing next to her.

"You too?" I cried in disbelief. I tried to turn my head around to look behind me. "Who else?" I whimpered. I was already outnumbered - things weren't looking good. 

Tasha shrugged her shoulders simply. "Just us."

I tried to swallow but my mouth was dry. "What about Henry?"

Violet giggled, "A daft idiot, we wouldn't have involved him in this."

"Yeah, he was the biggest idiot of them all," Tasha added as she began to slowly walk around me. "Didn't even realize he was making drug deals in a dark room with his own sister every week,"she continued laughing as I tried to follow her with my eyes as she walked behind me. "He makes a good scapegoat though, doesn't he?"

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" I piped up with anger. I was terrified at how insane they looked with their psychotic grins, yet calm behavior. "Why would you do this?" 

"What? Tie you up or make drugs?" Violet asked as she moved back and sat on the teacher's desk at the front of the room. She glided around the room like a child, swaying around the place in a relaxed manner.