Chapter 22

* A few minutes later *

    * Night class in session *

Kaname was sitting in his usual chair , in class reading a book . The teacher somewhere .. maybe yagari was substituting again . But kaname wasn't worrying where the hell the teacher was , he was worrying about alex . Seeing in her pain today , and hearing she had fainted in class .. he was heartbroken . Especially since he wasn't able to be able to her side , that's where he wanted to be . At her side , holding her hand if she was in more pain . He wished he could take her pain all away . To be able to hold her , relief her of her pain , and comfort her .

'I wonder how she's holding up' kaname thought to himself . He flipped the page , and sighed quietly to himself . Every night class student in the room understood his pain , and what he was going through . They too wanted to see alex .. she was like a ray of sunshine that lit up the gloomy halls of the moon dormitories . And they were all happy too that kaname and her were getting married . They were happy their lord was finally happy , and had found the one he loved . Ruka , sitting at her seat not too far from kaname .. was tapping her fingers on the desk trying to keep herself occupied . She had worried about alex since she heard alex had fainted in class .

As the silence continued .. suddenly , the classroom doors busted open . And there stood aido panting and with a panicked look on his face . Kaname began to panic himself , aido was suppose to be with alex! Aido came up to kaname , and tried catching his breath . Kaname stood up , and aido looked at him . " Lord kaname , alex needs you right now . She's in great pain , and has requested your presence . Akastuki is still with her , and headmaster may now too . " aido explained . Kaname's heart felt like it was breaking into pieces . He got aido to go get zero and yuki , and told seiren to watch the night class .

    * 15 minutes later ~ At Infirmary *

" Ahhh! " I cried in pain . Jesus christ , damn this f***ing hurts! " Alex look , kaname and the doctor will be here soon . " headmaster said trying to calm me down . I was holding myself , trying to keep my composure . I still can't believe this! I swear when I get my hands on that damn pureblood , he is gonna hear some words from me! Oh hell he is! As I was trying my best not to cuss the world out , soon kaname came in . He rushed to my side , and suddenly the urge to kill him went away . Because I really just wanted him here , by my side . " I'm here now , it's all right now . " he said kissing my hand .

I had tears running down my face , and I was smiling . " Kaname .. Um , I think you may get your wish early . " I spat out . He looked at me with curiosity , and I tried not to yell at him . " I'm somehow pregnant , and I didn't even know . " I said panting . I had to tell headmaster that me and kaname that I don't know how this happened . He asked if we've done it , I of course lied and said no . He didn't believe me at first , but after I made a more convincing argument he believed me . But he said there's cases in where a vampire women can get pregnant and not have sex , and not know .

So thank god! Kaname's expression went from curious to shocked , and I would of laughed but it's not excatly the best time . I was worried .. what if he didn't want it? We're we ready for kids now? I'm so scared and overwhelmed . We have nothing prepared , no room for the baby , and we haven't thought out of a schedule for who gets the baby when and what time . I can't do this . I'm not ready to be a mom , and I swear me and kaname were very very cautious . So maybe headmaster's myth was right , but we're me and kaname really ready? I don't know .

" Hey look at me . " kaname said . I did , biting my lip and crying . Kaname looked at headmaster , headmaster nodded and left the room leaving us alone . I can't do this , I'm not ready . I'm so not ready . " Kaname , i can't do this . We're not ready to be parents , I'm not prepared to be a mom . " I said crying . I couldn't do this . Kaname .. I could sense him being serious , and I knew he was going to say something . I looked at him , teary eyes and all . " Alex look , this may of happened earlier then we expected . But we can do this , I know we can . " he said .
He wiped my tears away , and I tried to smile .

" You'll be a wonderful mother , and I know because your so amazing already . " he said . I smiled , and he kissed my hand again then held it . He's right , we can do this . I can do this . We've made it through more difficult situations before .. so there's no reason now to doubt anything . " Let's do this . " I said smiling at him . He nodded , and soon in came the headmaster with a doctor . The headmaster went back out of the room , leaving us with the doctor . Kaname held my hand , staying by my side as the procedure went underway .
                  * 2 hours later *

A loud cry entered the room , and I sighed in relief as all the pain went away . God , I'm so glad it's all over . Kaname was holding my hand and showering me with kisses , telling me I did great . I had tears running down my face from earlier but I was smiling as me and kaname were happy . As seconds passed .. the doctor gave me the baby .. it was a boy! I smiled , and I knew kaname was happy as well . He was perfect , and he looked completely healthy . Thank god! I'm so happy! I looked at kaname , and he looked at me . " He's perfect , we did so good . " he said . " We did . " I smiled . He kissed me , and I kissed back happily .

As we pulled back .. suddenly I didn't feel the baby breathing . I looked at him , and he had started to turn paler and a bit of blue . I started to panic and freak out , kaname did too . The doctor took the baby from us .. and began to work and see what was wrong . I was in panic mode , kaname was holding my hand as he tried to keep me calm . Was the baby gonna be okay? What's wrong with him? Is he alright? Please be alright! Please be okay , just please be okay . As minutes passed .. it felt like hours as she tried to get him better . I didn't hear his cry , his sweet little cry .

My thoughts began to wander to bad thoughts , my body shaking in panic . Kaname was more worried on keeping me at bay , then himself . But I knew he was also worried for the baby just as I was . I knew him way good . Suddenly .. the doctor turned , and she looked at us . She wasn't holding the baby , where was he?! Is he okay?! Please tell me he's okay! My mind began to panic even more , scared thoughts filled my head . The feeling of something not being right filled my stomach . The feeling of dread made its way into my systems .. did I want to hear the news?

" I'm sorry mr and mrs.kuran , but the baby seems to suddenly stopped breathing . And it's lungs seemed to of not worked , I'm so sorry for your loss . " she said . She took the now gone baby , and left . I shattered , breaking down right on the spot . I cried and cried , kaname held me as I cried into his chest . I can't believe this! We held him for only a few seconds .. and suddenly he's gone . Right before my eyes . I felt other tears then mine .. I looked and saw kaname with tears . I .. didn't think he'd actually cry . I mean I knew he'd be upset , well I guess I was wrong . After a few minutes with kaname , he left to tell everyone the news . I heard cries , and I had told kaname I wanted to see the girls .

Suddenly ruka , rima and yuki came in . Tears running down their face . " Alex . " yuki said . " We're so sorry . " ruka said . " Yeah . " rima said . They all came over to me , and embraced me as I cried . They were crying too , this was tough on everyone I guess .
" We're so sorry for you alex . " rima said . " But remember we'll always be here for you if you need anything . " ruka said . " Yeah , anything at all . " yuki said . " Thank you so much girls . " I cried . Tears falling and the sadness just took me all over , was this gonna be it?