Chapter 7

* In the arena *

  We all walked in , and it was just amazing . It was brick walls , white ones with old old blood stains and scratch marks from weapons . The floor was tile but there was a mat that had some tears in it , countless racks with weapons , some punching dummies and a place at the corner with drawings of vampires with some daggers in it .

" Ah kain! " a voice said . I looked , and came walking was a guy dressed as a man? He had a long orange kimono on , his grey hair was long and put in with chopsticks . Well .. this is awkward . " Ah it's good to see you to my old friend . " headmaster said shaking the guys hand . " So , what brings me the pleasure of seeing you today? And some others along with kiryu? " he asked looking at us .
" Oh .. well I came here for someone I know who would make a great hunter . " headmaster said . " Really? Which one is it? " he asked . " Do you remember my partner from a while back? " headmaster asked .

Headmaster gestured for me to walk over to them , and I did . The man took a minute to think , and then he smiled and looked back at headmaster . " Yes I do , talia rele such a great hunter and lovely women she was indeed . But what do you mean to bring her up? Is she coming back out of retirement? " he asked headmaster . " No , she still has a little girl at home . But .. I do have her eldest daughter here who wants to become one , but I do have to say she is in the same situation zero is because of a death or life situation last year . " headmaster said gesturing towards me . The man looked at me , and he looked a bit suprised .

" Oh .. my my , you do look so much like your mother . What is your name dear? " he asked . " Alexis rele , but I prefer alex if that isn't too much trouble . " I said smiling . " It's good to meet you , and might I say how glad we are to meet you . I'm betting you are as good as your mother was . " he said . " She is , she's taken down more level E's then me . And that's because she started training at a young age . " zero butted in . " She has , and she with my daughter and son have kept my school a safe place for the humans from the level E's . " headmaster said .
" She took down thirteen vampires all at once at the age of twelve , and saved her sister from a level E mob . " yuki added in . 

" She's rather quiet the hunter , she even sometimes scares me . She's very good with protecting and defending , you should of seen her earlier . " kaname said . " Oh yes you should of , she took down three of the strongest hunter's here . " kain said . " Trying to protect us . " zero added in . The man looked pleased , but in a suprised but not suprised way . Okay .. what are you gonna say dude?  " Well .. then , I must see her in action . " he said smiling . " Thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself deem able to my mother's name . " I said . " Your welcome , but you do need to impress me . Show me that are ready to fullfill the rele family name . " he said .

I nodded , and he took the others up to a balcony above the arena . I stood in the middle of the arena .. waiting to face my opponents . I took deep breathes , trying to calm myself down . Suddenly .. a door opened and there stood a level E . It looked normal , like an aristocrat almost . Snap out of it alex! It's a trick! Don't fall for it! It charged at me .. and I immediately grabbed my staff extending it . It jumped , and had its claws out . I swung my staff and hit it right in the forehead .. leaving the mark of my artemis like zero had taught me .

It screeched and went back towards the floor , once it gained it's breath it sat up and glared at me with its beatty red eyes . I saw the mark on its forehead .. the mark of my artemis . It was angry .. furious at me . For what I did . Well you know what , I'm angry too with it . It soon got up and launched at me again . Once it got close , I round house kicked it right in the chest and grabbed daggers from my boot . I threw them right at his chest , and soon he broke away in glass form . I grabbed my daggers quickly , and I sensed two more coming my way .

I swung my staff , and grabbed the other kneeling it in the face . I then struck it in the back with my dagger , then I jumped and got on the others back and I cut its neck then stabbed it in the chest where it's heart was . It disappeared too . Three more came , I killed the first two easily without even having to try . All it took was a stab to the chest .. the other one on the other hand .  " F*ck! " I winced feeling the warm red liquid run down my leg . It had scratched my right thigh .. I heard a worried gasp from above . Yuki .. and zero . I knew kaname was probably worried too , but I guess he just didn't want to react .
" Come on! Is that all you got?! Come on! Fight me! " I shouted . It growled , and came running at me . I threw my daggers , it got it shoulders . Damn it , got work on target practice . It came running after me , I ran towards the pillar and managed to get up for leverage . I jumped up grabbing the balcony rail , and I jumped pushing my feet off the railing and next thing I know I was in air . I grabbed my pistol , aimed and then pulled the trigger . The level E turned to dust .. and I fell back on my feet . Landing perfectly .
Then .. I heard claps . I stood up , and looked at them .

" Amazing , very very good . I do think your ready , alexis rele you are here by the new rele hunter . " the council leader said . Yes!!! Oh thank jesus!! Praise the freaking lords!! Soon they came down , and yuki gave me a 'congratulations!' Hug . Kaname did so too , and his usual smile . Zero pulled me in for a hug .. and I had a small blush on my cheeks . I guess it was noticeable , and headmaster noticed too . I felt kaname's slight glare on the back of my head .. it's like a hole burning in the back of my head . He is capable to do that .

Zero immediately let me go , and we both looked away blushing . Look , I know what your thinking completely . " Oooh! Girlll! You be cheating on kaname!!! Don't do this to your best friend!! Or to the man who showed you love!! "

But trust me .. I wouldn't ever do such a thing to kaname or yuki! I wouldn't hurt my best friend like that! Zero .. is only a brother to me . Like an older brother , we're just that close . He looks out for me when kaname isn't around . He protects me , and defends me when I can't or again kaname isn't around . So no we don't like each other like that , so no its not what your thinking . So no let's not get me in trouble now .. I already feel like I'm in trouble . Especially with kaname right now . The council leader looked at me and zero , and he saw we were in that awkward moment .

" Oh .. so are you two dating? " he asked looking at us with 'curious' eyes . Me and zero practically both choked gasped , headmaster laughed like it was funny . " No , no , no! You got it all wrong! " I reasoned . " She's like a little sister to me . " zero explained . Yuki came up to zero , and held his hand . " I'm his girlfriend . " yuki said . And kaname .. being kaname walked up to me , and held me close . " And she is mine . " kaname said . " Ah .. so she dates the high and mighty pureblood kaname kuran . " he said .

" Yes , these two have been inseparable since her first day at cross academy . " headmaster said . " Together for almost a year now . " kaname said . " No need to be nosy , but why is she in zero's situation? " the council leader asked . Does he mean why I'm a vampire? Well time to explain more . " Her father is an aristocrat vampire , but she turned out human . But one day last summer , she was kidnapped by level E's and almost killed . " headmaster explained . The council leader then looked at kaname .. probably guessing the outcome . " Yes indeed , I did turn her . But it was because .. I love her . " kaname said .

I smiled .. hearing it makes me happy Everytime .