Chapter 12

* A week later *

  " Kaname! " " Wild! " " Aido! " " Senri! " " Takuma! " " Ruka! Ruka! " " Sara! " " Rima! " all of the day class students yelled . " Day class students get back to your dorms! " yuki yelled . The night class students were walking by , and as I was pushing students back I saw kaname . He was looking at me , with that usual Mona Lisa smile . I smiled back at him , and suddenly I felt heated glares on me as if they were burning a hole in my head . I turned my head , and glared right back at them . They jumped back scared , and they stayed back . Soon the night class was gone , and the day class went to their dorms . Me , zero and yuki were left standing there .

" Well , time to patrol! " yuki said esthetically . Me and zero both sighed , but I was tired . I had been training more .. kaname wasn't there . Which was fine .. I mean it of course he was busy . Besides , I had to get back on routine , and build back my strength and body up . During the summer , I had gained a bit of weight . So I've been trying to lose it , and gain muscle before my first mission with zero . Lately there hadn't been any level E spottings , or any other vampires that had been on the execution list . So we hadn't gotten one yet , but zero had been training with me . So I wasn't alone .

And he also figured he could gain some muscle too , so he could be more on guard and somewhat more stronger when we were sent on one . I've been waiting since I became a hunter , and I also wrote to my family and told them I was now taking mom's place . Mom wrote that she was so proud of me , and it didn't matter to try and live up to the rele name so it'll become too much stress . She just wants me to do the best I can , and try not to get myself killed . Dad said he was happy and proud of me to , and that I didn't forget who I was . And to also just do my best .

Riley was happy for me .. but with her only being 8 her imagination was rather wild . She had said she didn't want me to get hurt , and that she wants me to not kill good vampires . Of course , again her having a wild imagination , I had written back and told her I would never kill a good vampire even if he/she was on the execution list . The execution list was mainly a list of vampires who had fallen to a level E . Zero had been on that list many times before , times before I had come to cross academy . But .. he had told me the truth of how he was now stable .

It mainly had started about the truth of hunter twins .. zero had fully devoured his twin brother . But many years later , during that time zero had been turned into a vampire , and over the years he had held for urge for blood . But then he got used to the fact that he wasn't going to change , he wasn't going to get his human life back . So apparently when something huge was going on , zero had drank off his dying brother . And then .. he had fully become a stable vampire and with the rest of his hunter skills . He told me all this , because he trusted me . He still does trust me .  I was still suprised he told me that .

But it just meant we had gotten closer . Kaname .. we've been trying to get time together , but we both have exams coming up . And he's been trying to get sara used to everyone , and show that cross academy is a safe place for both humans and vampires to coexist . Me and sara have become good friends , and I've seen them both hang out around on campus . And I tell myself it's fine . Their just familiar with each other , and so their gonna be close and he's gonna be with her so much . Which is totally fine . I mean she is new to the campus , I went through the same .

So there's no reason to think anything else . Me , yuki , and zero all split up taking a part of the campus . I was walking , and soon I found myself at the Swan fountain . The moon was clear tonight , the stars twinkling as usual . I sat down on the fountain . Just calm down alex , it was nothing . I sighed , and just looked around . It was kinda chilly tonight , it was getting closer to winter break . Me and kaname's date was coming up , I was so excited that I had yuki , ruka , rima and sara go shopping with me to chose an outfit . I let sara come with us , because she was new to the campus she had never been into our lil town where cross academy was .

So I thought it'd be nice to have her come with us . Headmaster thought it was a nice idea , and that it was good me and her were becoming so close . But me and her wouldn't be so close as me and yuki are . Me and yuki are best friends forever .. and it plans to stay that way . Mom said in her letter that they may bring riley up here to stay during winter break . It'd be nice , but then me and kaname wouldn't get much alone time . And our date is tommorow , winter break starts the day after our date . I can't wait .. I've got a nice blue dress , for winter since it is winter colors . Yuki and ruka are arguing about who gets to do my hair .. but it's not a big deal .

They think it is though , because her and ruka are just like " It's a huge deal! It's your first official date with him! Alone! So it is a big deal about who gets to do your hair , because you have to look nice! " . And I'm over just like " It's not a big deal " , but they think otherwise . I sighed , and took my hair down from my ponytail . I ran my hand through my long hair . I felt kinda alone .. But yet I didn't . Tonight .. just felt so lonely , yet it didn't either . The wind blew a bit , making my hair flow as I smiled enjoying the breeze .

The air felt great .. especially on my hot skin , I think I may be running a fever . And maybe not , I'll have to check my temperature later . " That rebellious freedom side of you never changed has it? " a voice asked . I turned , and there was zero . He had the same Mona Lisa smile on his lips , the same one that kaname has around other people . " So? Some people say that free spirit is a good thing . " I giggled . " Not saying it's a bad thing . " he said . He walked over to me , and sat next to me . " So what's wrong with you? " he asked . " Nothing , just tired . " I said . He chuckled , and I gave him a weird look .

" What? " I asked . " Nothing , your just weird . " he said chuckling . I smiled , and laid my head on his shoulder . He put his arm around me , as I sat there . I smiled but it soon faded . " Don't worry so much about things , everything will be just fine . " he said . I bit my lip , trying not to admit to how I was feeling . I hated how besides kaname could read my feelings . But kaname , I was like an open book to him . Even if I did hide my feelings . But zero , he could just tell how I was feeling by seeing what I was going through .

" Hey , something came in today . " he said . I looked at him , and he looked at me . He pulled out a letter from his jacket , it was opened already but he gave it to me . I took it , and grabbed the letter from the envelope . I opened it , and I started to read it .

Dear Zero Kiryu and Alexis Rele ,

I know you both have been waiting patiently for a mission . And it seems , that something on the list has finally came up . There is a Level E who has been recking havoc during the night at 28 HiddenCity Avenue . It's an old abandoned two story house , it's quiet big but torn down . It's going to be torn down soon and there will be somwthing replacing it . But I'm for the workers , so please take care of it before the workers start to tear down the building in 2 days . Please start the mission tomorrow , and then write your report and bring it back tommorow . Thank you , and good luck alexis .

          Sincerely ,
                The council leader

" Oh my god! We got a mission! " I squealed excitedly hugging zero . I knew he was smiling , and I didn't care for getting moment that hugging him would make kaname jealous . He's in class right now , so I don't care! I'm so excited! When me and zero pulled back , I realized I was on his lap and I had my arms around him . We both looked at each other , we both blushed . " Um .. " I trailed off . Our faces were so close .. and we both starred at each other . Suddenly .. it's as if a voice was in my head . And I got off him immediately .

I stood a good 5 feet from him , and we both looked away from each other .