Chapter 24

Lissy's POV

"Andrew!!" I ran at my father's best friend with teary eyes.

"Y-you're alive!" He hugged me back for a while, before pulling me away; wiping my tears with a gentle thumb.

"Alissa.....We know where your father is.." His eyes were solem, and I knew this couldn't be good news.

"We should talk about it later at dinner. I'll come over and then we can talk in private alright?"

I nodded. "Why not now?...I could make you something to eat and then we can talk.." I was really anixious to find out what happened to my father.

Andrew sighed. "Your father, Robert, would want me to get your mother out of jail first...Although I'm pretty sure that there is a good reason that Haylee was put behind bars."

I suddenly got dizzy. "What? My mom's in jail?? I-is she alright?"

"She's fine." I heard one of the officers from earlier.

I turned to face him, with a firm and demanding voice.

"Let.Me.See.Her." Each word that escaped my mouth was laced with seriousness.

"I'm sorry, Alice but we can't do that." He leaned casually on one leg with a hand in the base of his pants.

"Her name is Alissa, and I'd suggest you let her see her mother." Andrew put a hand on my shoulder, his grip was firm, and he lead me to the back where I'm guessing my mother was.

We walked into a room where my mother sat in a swivel chair with handcuffs on. Her hair was messy and frizzled, her makeup was smeared, and she had a black eye.

"Oh my gosh, mom!" I ran to her, Andrew willing, and hugged her.

She just stayed awkwardly still, whispering to me as her body quivered.

"I'm sorry.." I looked up at her and saw that she was crying.

"No mom.... Don't be.... We both have made mistakes, but that is how we are gonna learn..... Without a good fight, we would've never knew what we both felt.Now that we do, I think it's about time we got you outta here." She smiled, reaching both of her hands up to gently stroke my face.

"I love you Alissa, but I can't stay with you for a while.I have to go to court with Andrew and my lawyer against the man that I almost killed yesterday with my car."

I frowned."Fine....but I want you to keep this with you the whole time."I reached in my shirt, pulling out my father's old dog tags. He had given them to me that night behind the bush.

I laid it gently in the palms of her hands, closing them over it.

"I love you too mom." I kissed her forehead, and stood up straight again.

"You should be getting home now..."Andrew informed me after I looked down at my mother with a look of pity for a bit. 

"Oh..uhh...yeah...." I smiled a weak smile at him.

He smiled back. "Drew and his foster family will be coming over to watch you for now...Okay?"

I pouted. "What? Why can't you watch me? You know how Drew is with the pranks and all..." My voice was whiney.

"Hey." He looked at me with a look of seriousness, and I knew I wasn't gonna get myself out of the unfortunate situation.

"I have my misson....and you have yours.Be nice, and behave yourself."It was like my father was speaking through him.

I sighed, leaving with my bag and my mother's purse.

I rode my bike home, but rather then going inside, I left my bike and the bags in the garage and headed to the park where I was pretty sure I'd find Connor.

I walked for a while before I heard his familiar voice.

I followed it, and realized his friends, Jason and himself were all talking to some new boy that I couldn't quite make out who he was.

I finally made within their range of sight, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Hey Lissy, this is Drew.He said he is gonna be around for a bit."

Drew smirked."Hey Allie.Long time no see."

" Oh Dios Mío(Oh my God)..."I mumbled in Spanish.Both because of the devilish smirk Drew just gave me, and because they were all shirtless.

A/N:

Bum bum bum.....The annoying, prankster, older brother; and some smexy shirtless boys. How much worse could things possibly get?