Chapter 17 Part 2

Lissy's POV

"You didn't want Drew either! That's why you dropped him with a foster family, isn't it?! You didn't want him to ruin your stupid dreams of joining the navy! You supposedly fell in love while you were training, and got pregnant with me... the child who ruined your life's dream. Well excuse me! You were so depressed, that you ignored my father; and the only time I got to see him when I was little was for three meesly Christmases! After he got lost in action, I had to be raised by gran gran for half of my life, and when you finally woke up you realized just how much you've f*cked up." I sobbed, running out the door.

It was now raining as I ran down the block with no other goal then to run away from all my troubles.

I kept on running blindly through the rain until I ran into someone, falling.

Everything got blurry, and the only thing I remember seeing last was the worried face of Connor.

-Memory Begins-

"Common, hurry Allie!" My gran-gran urged as she power walked.

"Gran-gran! I already told you it's Lissy, not Allie!" I complained walking as fast as my tiny five year old legs would carry me.

"Where are we goin' anyway?" She didn't answer.

"Gran-gran?!" I still failed to get her attention.

"Grandma!!!" Finally, she looked down at me. "Well, sheesh, you don't have to yell. What is it you want to know?"

"Where are we headed to?" I spoke slowly like if I was talking to a person who didn't speak english.

"I ain't no baby, and we are going to a friend of mine's house for supper. Now would you walk faster?"

It took about three more minutes until we made it there.Gran-gran had told me to wait outside for her to signal me to come in. Of course, I was a nosey little girl, so I eavsdropped on them.

It sounded like my momma and poppa were there too.

Key: M=Momma P=Poppa F=Friend GG=Gran-gran

F: Are you sure you wanna give her up?I mean,you already blessed us with Drew, and I wouldn't want to be a burden.

M: Yes.

P: *sighs sadly*...no...not really...

GG: But it would be best for her to be with her brother wouldn't it?

P: Yeah....yeah,I guess so.....

M: Absolutely.

F: Well,I think it's about time we met this beautiful little Alissa of yours.

***

I stepped back,my eyes filled with tears. They were abandoning me....They were giving me away.............

"Lissy dear?" My mother called as she opened the door. "Come and meet mommy's friend."

"No! You are givin me away! You don't want me no more!" I ran down the porch steps crying.

"Lissy,baby!" She called after me, but I kept running until I found a bush to hide behind and cry.

I was crying for a good bit of time, when a familiar and soothing voice arose from the other side of the bush.

"Lissy? Baby, it's daddy." He walked over to me, sitting beside me." Listen darling, daddy is not gonna let mommy send you away. You are my little angel, and I will go down fighting if I have to."