Chapter 16

Castielle's POV

We all had eaten our food, gotten washed up and dressed, and were on our way to school  after dropping Ellie off. 

"So what did I miss?" Holly asked me while we walked to band.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I've heard some rumors about Collin, Conner, and Alissa coming to school with you from your house." she said.

"Oh... Well Conner was chasing Lissy down the street trying to kill her and me and Collin were talking because he heard me playing my violin on the balcony. I made buster chase after Conner and he tackled him to the ground and since he kind of passed out we all decided to have a sleepover at my house."

"Your dad let 2 boys sleep over at your house without him there!" I blushed

"Shut up! Someone might hear you!" I said shushing her. "I didn't tell him they were guys I just said they were friends. And no nothing happened."

"Write this down on the calendar! You broke a rule!" she said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and we begun band practice.

~~~

Classes passed quickly until I was on my way to language arts. I rounded the corner and I saw 3 girls bullying Lissy. I quickly dropped my books and ran in front of Lissy and grabbed the girl's fist as she was about to hit her. I twisted her wrist until she started to scream in pain.

"You leave her alone. Or so help me I'll beat your a** until next week!" I said letting her wrist go and shoved her to the floor. Her friends picked her up and hurried away. I grabbed my books and me and Lissy hurried to class.

"Thanks." she said as we sat down at the table. Me still ignoring Aaron.

"No problem."

"Okay class Jessica is going to pass out the books today. I want the book read with notes by next Friday. When you get the book you can start." the teacher said and gave 'Jessica' the books. Eventually we got the books she tossed four of them on our table. They were worn out paperback book. I looked through the pages and saw rips and stains. I shook my head and sighed. I looked at Lissy and Conner. They looked just as disappointed as me.

"I have a few copies at my house. You guys can stop by later and get them if you want." I said sadly thinking of what Aaron is most likely going to say when and if he comes.

"Really?" Conner asked. I shook my head yes and grabbed my things as the bell rang.

Me and Lissy walked to chorus and entered the room. Nobody was there and the lights were off. I told Lissy to set her stuff down and we went to the band room. The lights were on and there was a note on my violin case.

I had to go home early. If students come to class tell them it's a free period. If you'd like you a few friends can stay in the band room. ~ Mr. Vale.

I looked to Lissy and she shrugged her shoulders.

"It looks like we're staying in here." We walked back to the chorus room and everyone was in their seats chatting. I quieted them down and told them it was a free period. I motioned for Holly and Lissy to come with me.

"Hey where are you going?! You're in charge!" Dylan said over all of the noise.

"Oh Mr. Vale said you're in charge. We have to do some stuff for Mr. Vale." I smirked. He looked at me and went back to the screaming sixth graders.

~~~

Holly, Lissy, and I talked the rest of the class and then I went home after picking up Ellie. Eventually Lissy and Conner came and picked up the books and went home I was currently in the kitchen making some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cream corn for dinner while Ellie was playing in her room, when Aaron decided to come over.