Chapter 19

Castielle's POV

All I saw was black. I felt like I had fallen down a set of stairs and hit my head on concrete. I heard a very annoying beeping sound to my left, and voices but I couldn't pinpoint whose they were.

"She hit her head quite hard. It'll take a couple of days before the stitches can be removed." a woman said.

"Okay... What else?" I heard a man's voice say.

"Well I'm concerned she might have a slight concussion and some memory loss. She also has a sprained wrist."

"Memory loss? How do we fix that?"

"Well, the only thing to do is hope that she doesn't. If she does you and maybe a few others will have to do some things that might trigger her memory, like taking her through the school, or having her do what she did yesterday."

I felt someone grab my hand a few moments later. "Castielle, if you can hear me please wake up. I want to know if you're okay. Please." Castielle? I guess that's my name...

"Is Cassy gonna be okay?" A little girls voice asked sadly.

I tried to open my eyes but they felt like lead. I heard two more people enter the room.

"What are you two doing here?" the man said harshly.

"We're here to see Rose." I heard a boys voice say. I tried to open my eyes again, this time they finally opened. My throat felt like the dessert and my mouth was dry.

I looked around the room and saw my dad, Ellie, a boy, and a woman. I was about to ask them who they were but they were in the middle of a heated argument. I decided to wait until they were finished.

"Why would you leave us?! She needed a mother and you left her! We loved you!"

"I didn't and still don't love you."

"Then why did you take Ryan with you?! They're twins you can't just separate them and expect there to not be any damage!"

"Don't talk about us like we're not here! Rose has been awake the whole time and that little girl is crying! Now quit arguing! Is that how you would want to wake up?!" The boy yelled. Both of the adults hung their heads in shame. He walked up next to the right side of the bed and held my hand.

"Hey Rose. Its been awhile." He smiled sadly and glared at the adults.

"Jack?" I said confused.

"Yeah it me." While he was talking, I took the time to look at him. He was about 5'6, dark brown hair, and bright green eyes. He was pretty well built for a 16 year old.

I looked at mom. She had light brown hair and light blue eyes. She was wearing a business suit and was glaring at dad. He was wearing a doctor's suit and he had the same dark brown hair as Ryan. Ellie was clinging to dad, her light blond hair was tangled and her brown eyes were rimmed with tears, she was in her pink bunny pajamas too.

"What happened? Where am I?"

"Sweetie you're in a hospital. You passed out and hit your head on the stairs." my mother told me.

"Oh good you're awake." the doctor said coming in the room. "Do you remember what happened?"

"No. The last thing I remember was me going to school this morning."

"That's what I thought..." she mumbled. "Well long story short you hit your head. You have a concussion and a sprained wrist from the fall. After your father signs the papers you're free to go." She smiled at me.