Chapter 6

Castielle's POV

I walked over to Kay and sat down next to her. I opened my notebook and started to get ready to take notes. She sighed and flipped her book over.

"I hope I didn't make a bad impression on you." she whispered as class began.

I ignored her, and wrote on a piece of paper and passed it to her.

She opened up the crumpled paper, and read it.

'Well I can't say you didn't, but I can say that it could've been better'

She smirked at me, scribbling her own note down, that read:

'Well then, I'm Kaylen Ryder.You can call me Kay.'

Before she could pass it to me, another girl, Nicole, ratted us out.

"Kaylen and Castielle are passing notes.." She told Mrs.Hugh with a smug look on her face.

Kaylen kicked her shin, throwing the paper in her desk.

I almost smiled but then I saw what Mrs. Hugh wrote on the board. Alice in Wonderland, my favorite book ever.

"Today we will start a project on Alice in Wonderland. First we will watch the movie, then we will read the book." I smiled like the Cheshire cat and Kay looked at me like I've lost my head. (Ha ha! see what I did there! XD )

"Nous sommes tous fous ici." I whispered to Kaylen in french. She smiled at me and looked back at the teacher.

"You must have the book read with notes taken by next Friday." she said sitting down in the chair behind her desk. "The people at your table will be your partners for the assignment. There will be no trading groups or slacking. Am I understood?" she asked sternly.

Everyone said yes and I groaned. I saw Aaron fistbump the new kid with a smirk as we started the movie. Good thing I have the book and movie memorized... but why didn't Aaron want to work with me?

At the end of class we all packed up our stuff and went to sixth period. I walked with Holly to the choir room and started to help with warm ups.

"Okay we have a new piece of music that Castielle needs to pass out." Mr. Vale said putting a stack of music sheets into my hands. "Listen to her today. If I find out anyone disrespects them you'll have detention." He said walking back to the band room.

I looked down at the music sheet in my hands to see what we were singing. "What a Wonderful World" was printed across the packet in blue letters. I handed out all of the music and stood in front of the choir. I had Holly sit behind the piano and start to analyze the piano part. I looked through the parts and saw a soprano, alto, and baritone parts. I waved my conductor's baton to get everyone's attention and everyone started to sing.

After the last bell rang everyone piled out of the room. "Castielle can I have a word with you?" Mr.Vale asked

"You just did." I said with a smirk. He glared at me and we went back to his office. He sat down in his chair and sighed.

"Dylan quit. He doesn't want to be the vice president of the choir anymore. He said they're too much to deal with."

"What does that have to do with me?" I asked confused.

"I was wondering if you wanted to choose who gets to take his place." he asked.

I looked at him and back at the choir room and sighed. "I'll do it." He smiled.

"Oh and the solo is yours too. I already talked to the choir, they want you to do it."

"No"

"Yes. Its yours. No one wants it."

"Fine." I muttered.

"Good. You can go now." I nodded to him walking into the band locker room to grab my violin. I checked my phone and saw a text from dad. 

Please pick up Ellie from daycare at 5, I'm going to be a little bit late tonight.

Thanks for reading ~ Alpha