Chapter 19

Michael's POV

     "Which filter should I use?" Charlotte asks, her legs dangling off the couch. The four of us, as in Charlotte, Victoria, Savannah, and me, decided that we should leave all of the couples alone. They deserve their time together. As a result of that, the four of us are sitting in some random room in the house on our phones.

     "Well...," Savannah starts, but Charlotte cuts her off.

     "I wasn't talking to you. Michael, which filter should I use?" she poses for her picture she's taking, making a duck face.

     "I don't know," I murmur. I'm not really paying that much attention. I'm going through my camera roll from the past couple of years, specifically the ones from when Brynn and I were together.

     "Fine," she sighs, choosing her own filter.

     "Can I turn on some tv?" Victoria asks, yawning. I nod. She quickly gets up.

     "You know what would be cute?" Charlotte hums, looking over at me. I tuck my phone away and look over at her.

     "What?" I respond. She smiles.

     "If each member in our group was dating a member in your group," she suggests as if it's some brilliant idea.

     "It would be if Chance and Drew didn't already have girlfriends," I tell her. She looks at me like I'm dumb.

"But you don't," she places her hands on my shoulders. My eyes widen. Nope, not today. I do have a girlfriend who I genuinely care about. I pretend to sneeze, jumping out of her grip. Right then, John walks into the room.

     "Michael, go upstairs and pack some stuff in a bag. I need to take you to the airport in ten minutes," he informs me, tapping an invisible watch on his wrist.

     "What?" I ask with confusion. I'm not going anywhere, or at least I'm not scheduled to.

     "You're needed in LA for the court trial in a couple of days. You're apparently involved somehow. I don't know. Just go upstairs and pack."

---

     "Noooo!" Mason screams and cries as I'm about to walk out of the door. He runs over and grabs onto my leg. "You can't leave! I'm not letting you!"

     "It's only going to be a couple of days. I'll be back before you know it," I try to convince him, but I know he's not going to take it. He continues sobbing.

     "Stop!" he wails. I frown, sitting him down on the couch.

     "I'm doing this to help get Brynn back. Okay? Chance or Brady said they'd be your substitute dad until I get back," I try to comfort him. He latches onto me like a koala on its' branch.

     "But Chance and Brady aren't you," he pouts. I frown and set him back down.

     "I know that. I'll make sure to call you," I let him know or else I won't be able to leave.

     "Pinkie promise," he sticks his pinkie out. I latch my pinkie finger around his.

     "I pinkie promise. I need to go now," I tell him. I stand up, and he jumps on me.

     "I love you dad. Come back as soon as you can," he whispers in my ear.

     "Of course buddy. I love you too."

---

     "What's your name?" the little girl next to me asks. She looks around three with her hair up in two little pig tails on the side of her head with little bows holding them in. Her arms are wrapped around a little stuffed lion.