Chapter 1

Chance's POV

     "Can we join this Bradney pool party?" I laugh as Alex and I walk over. Brady and Courtney are sitting by the pool, dangling their feet in the water while talking. The two of them are laughing, Brady scrunching up his nose at something funny she said.

     "Of course," Brady smiles, gesturing towards the spot to the left of him, Courtney being on his right. I walk over there, my arm around Alex, before sitting down.

     "How your night?" Courtney asks us, and I smile.

     "Good. Chance and I hung out and watched a movie," Alex smiles at me, and I lightly kiss her forehead.

    "How about you guys?" I ask.

     "Well Courtney just got back from the studio approximately an hour ago, so we hung out in the lobby for a while. We saw Brynn leave, but then come back a little while later. She lied to us about where she was going, since we just ran into Michael looking for her when she said she was going to him," Brady explains. Gradually, the sound of crying gets louder and louder until we can see Brynn sobbing, dragging a suitcase behind her.

     "What happened?" I ask with wide eyes. Brady stands up and quickly walks over to her. She looks at him before trying to walk faster.

     "Brynn," Brady calls for her, and she turns around with big, red eyes.

     "Leave me alo...," she begins, but Brady cuts her off.

     "Are you okay? What happened?" he asks, and she just looks at him.

     "I'm not the one you should be asking that to," she answers, turning and walking away before getting in a taxi. Brady looks back at us, knowing we heard it too.

     "Let's go," I say, and Courtney and Alex take their feet out of the pool. We meet up with Brady, and the four of us hop into the elevator.

     "What happened?" Alex asks, and everyone shrugs.

     "Something bad. That's for sure," I sigh, and the door opens. We walk over to Michael's room, which you can't hear anything from. I knock on the door, no reply. Brady knocks, no response. Luckily, I spot Dena talking to Coleen down the hall with a frown on her face. Courtney and Brady jog over there.

     "Can we borrow your room key? We need to talk to Michael, but he won't open the door," Brady pleads. Dena sadly nods.

"He's a mess. You guys should be able to help. He told me he wanted to be left alone. It's  terrible to see your kid hurting and not being able to do anything to fix it," she sighs, handing Courtney the room key. They run back over, and we open the door. We quietly walk in to be met by a pitch black room. Brady flicks on the lights to show Michael lying there on his side, staring at the wall.

     "Hey Michael," Brady smiles, and he rolls over to reveal his messy hair.

     "Hi Brady. Hi Chance. Hi Courtney. Hi Alex," he waves, plopping a hi-chew in his mouth.

     "What ha...," I start before he cuts me off.

     "I don't want to talk about it," he glares at us, holding a pillow to his chest.

     "Where is Brynn goi...," I begin.

     "London," he answers before a finish, a hint of pain evident in his tone.

     "Is she co...," Alex tries to ask.

     "She's not coming back," he sighs, slowly burrowing further into the blankets.