Chapter 5

Michael's POV

     "It's time to get ready buddy," I tell Mason, pulling a leather jacket over the shirts I am wearing. I have a plain black shirt with a blue button up type shirt layered over it, but it is open.

      "But I want to play with Fred," he pouts, picking up the puppy. He lifts it up in the air before laughing. "He's so squishy."

     "You can play with him after. I just don't want you to be the last one getting ready," I admit to him. He pulls Fred closer to his chest, giving him a light kiss on his little furry puppy head.

     "But then Brady will be here, and he loves Brady," he frowns. I sigh, picking up the puppy. Fred blinks at me, the little squishy wrinkles on his face moving.

     "Then, we can take him with us as you get ready," I suggest. Mason stands up before jumping up and down.

     "Yes! Yes! Yes!" he squeals, blowing a kiss at Fred.

     "Lets get going," I say, and Mason holds onto my hand as we walk upstairs up to his room.

     "Can we match?" Mason asks, giving me little puppy eyes.

     "What?" I respond.

      "Can we wear matching outfits silly? I have a black shirt and blue whatever this is," he gestured to blue shirt I'm wearing over my black shirt but under my leather jacket.

     "You're going to get cold," I tell him as Fred roams the little race car bed the guys got Mason for his birthday last year.

     "But I want to be like you," he frowns. I sigh, giving in.

     "Fine," I cave in, and he picks up Fred before hugging him.

     "I've got this. I'm a big boy now. I can find my own clothes," he informs me, pulling on my arm, so I will sit on the bed. Once I sit down, he pats my knee.

     "You can sit here," he says. I nod before the puppy starts to sniff my hand. Just like most dogs, he decides to lie down right on my hand.

     "Okay," I smile before Mason  disappears. He comes back with the exact same outfit I'm wearing two minutes later. He even has a little chain necklace.

     "When did you get that?" I laugh, leaning against the edge of the bed.

     "Megan got it for me a couple of weeks ago. She thought it'd be cute. Can you do my hair?" he asks, and I nod.

     "Of course. You have to change your clothes first," I let him know. He quickly runs back into the bathroom and comes back wearing the exact same thing that I'm wearing, just in a smaller size.

     "We should get Fred an outfit like this. All three of us can match," he smiles proudly at his idea.

     "But what about George?" I ask, making Mason gasp.

     "How could I forget about George?" he asks. Right as he says that, the puppy waddles into the room on his wobbly puppy legs. Fred quickly hops off of the bed to join his friend.

      "There you two are," Brady smiles as soon as he sees the puppies in Mason's room. He walks in, and the two of them dash over to him.

     "Hi Brady," Mason waves as soon as he sees Brady. 

      "What's up kiddo?" Brady asks. Mason shrugs.

     "I'm getting ready. Are you excited? You get to go on a date with your girlfriend," he giggles, drawing out the word girlfriend.