Chapter 6

Michael's POV

     "Which team is winning?" Sergio asks as he sits down on a bench. We divided into groups of two to play team mini golf. Alex and Chance are on a team, Lily and Drew are on a team, Adriana and Sergio are on a team, Courtney and Brady are on a team, and I'm on a team with Mason. Mason and I aren't doing so well. Both of us have hit it off the course several times, me hitting several people in the process.

     "Brady and Courtney," one of the security guards blocking the people who are standing behind them trying to get through says. People found out we were here pretty quickly and swarmed the area. Thank gosh we have security guards with us. The crowd of people is pushing on them, but they are tough. Courtney and Brady smile at each other and hold hands.

      "Of course they're winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Brady had joined some youth golf league as a kid," Sergio laughs, his arm around his girlfriend.

     "We might be winning if Chance hadn't shanked the ball over the castle and hit an employee," Alex accuses Chance jokingly.

     "Actually, you guys are in third," the guard laughs.

     "What? Who's in front of us?" Chance asks, his arms around Alex. The guard scans the list. As Chance delicately places a kiss on Alex's forehead.

     "Drew and Lily," he announces. Drew and Lily high five.

     "Let's go," Drew chants, picking Lily up into the air.

     "Then Sergio and Adriana are in fourth," he tells us all.

     "Does that mean we are loosing Michael?" Mason asks, looking up at me sadly.

     "No, it just means we are the fifth winners," I respond in attempt to lighten it.

     "So we're loosing?" he crosses his arms, raising an eyebrow.

     "Yep," I respond, popping the p.

     "We've got to win," Mason motivates me, shaking my leg.

     "We can try, but we don't have that much time left," I try to tell him that we can't catch up, but he shrugs. Mason whispers something, but I can't hear him over the crowd of people trying to push their way in. "What was that Mason?"

     "We can win at something else," he smiles proudly at his idea.

     "Exactly. We might not be the best mini golfers, but we can beat them at something else," I suggest. He nods.

     "Wow you guys sure are popular," one of the guards says, gesturing to the huge crowd they have to hold back. They are filling in the mini golf area we've already finished.

     "I love you!" one girl screeches over the crowd, making Drew jump right before he is about to hit the ball. He hits it right into Brady's side.

     "Ah," Drew hisses once he sees that he hit Brady.

     "It's all good," Brady laughs before going back to talking to his girlfriend.

     "Michael?" Mason tries to get my attention, grabbing onto my hand.

     "Yeah buddy," I kneel down to his level. He looks nervous.

     "C-can I call you dad? I've never had someone to call that," he asks, melting my heart.

     "Of course," I respond, giving him a hug. He jumps up and down while hugging me.

     "Can we go on the bumper boats?" he asks, giving me little puppy eyes.

     "Once we're done mini golfing. We still have three holes left," I try to tell him.