Chapter 8

"Kayden, stop slacking around and get to work. We are already late. They can arrive any minute. Make it quick."

            As usual, ever so perfectionist Miracle Mars was fussing around to get everything right. She was trying to prepare a three course meal with a typical starter, main course and desert. Kayden had looked at her intensely searching the internet a while ago. She was overdoing herself again. It was just their parents who were visiting them. Kayden quietly slipped behind her and hugged her, burying his face in her hair. 

                     "Relax baby. You are way too tensed. They are our parents. They will like it even if you serve them burnt food." Miracle started chopping the cucumber as if she was slaughtering it when Kayden said that.

                     "Are you trying to say my cooking is bad?" Kayden was taken aback by the accusation in her voice.

                     "Of course not baby. You know, you are the best cook in world. Every one knows that. No doubt about it. I was just putting forth a condition. Pshh, don't mind me."

                    "Flattery won't get you anywhere. Try to be some help and start boiling some water." Miracle ordered Kayden.

                      "Kayden King at your service, ma'am." Kayden bowed, taking off his imaginary hat.

                 "Whatever. GET TO WORK!"

               "AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"

                      Miracle was in daze since the moving incident. Kayden King was infuriating. he was starting to become almost unpredictable. No matter how much she tried, she coukdn't out-wit him or hate him. If only she was a cold hearted evil queen, she would have ordered her servants to torture him and them him into a river full of crocodiles. But her heart had a special place for him, always did and always will. Her heart literally melted every time he smiled, may it be his smirk or his toothy grin. Hating him was an impossible option, so was disliking him. The only choice she had was liking him and loving him. 

                   Any other time if he had asked her to marry him, she would have accepted it with all tears and stuff. But right now, something didn't seem right. Something was really fishy. The Kayden King she knew would never leave his luxuries behind. This man standing in front of her, looked innocent, like a pure soul. And even more pure when he laughed, rolling on the floor and clutching his stomach. For a moment she didn't realize what had happened, until she felt cold red liquid running down her head. It was tomato sauce. Kayden King had poured tomato sauce on her head. Miracle immediately grabbed the bottle of mustard that was laying on the counter beside her and started squirting the yellowish liquid on him.

                       "KAYDEN KING YOUR DOOM HAS COME. SURRENDER YOURSELF TO MY REIGN AND I SHALL NOT KILL YOU!"

                          "NOO! NEVER! I SHALL DIE A WARRIOR'S DEATH NOT A COWARD'S. I WILL NOT SURRENDER, YOU EVIL WITCH!" Kayden let out a war cry as he lunged at her with a bottle of ice cold water in one hand and a fist full of flour in the other hand. Miracle was trying to dodge his attacks, when suddenly Kayden's leg slipped and he went crashing down taking Miracle with him. 

                   They were busy throwing food at each other, when a loud gasp was heard.

                       "Hey mom. Hey dad."