Chapter 1

"Why ? Why are you doing this?", she was adamant to get an answer from him.

                  "Whatever happened to those vows that we shared? Whatever happened to those rings that we exchanged in front of God and hundreds and thousands and millions of people? Why?", her voice had slowly turned to no more than an octave above a whisper.

                  Yet, he remained quite. He chose to see her suffer. He chose not to answer her questions and put an end to her agony. He knew the truth would hurt her more than his silence. Although he wanted to put an end to this relation, he still cared for her.

                   He cared enough to remain quite and lessen her pain. Little did he know, his silence was slowly killing her. Her soul was drifting away from her as she waited for him to answer. The tears that were flowing constantly for the past two hours had stopped. Her eyes had turned red and puffy. Her breathing slowly began to turn even. She inhaled deeply and sighed in defeat.

                    "Very well. If this is what you choose, then I will leave you to it. The divorce papers will arrive within a week's time. I don't want any part of the inheritance. You can have it. Thank you for the time that we spent together and those wonderful memories. I will take my leave now."

                With that said, she turned towards the door to leave. She was about to step out when a sudden ringing sound stopped her. It was her phone. She picked up her phone.

                   "Hello?"

               "WOMAN! OPEN THIS FRIGGIN' DOOR! I HAVE BEEN STANDING HERE FOR HOURS! STOP WRITING THAT STUPID CHAPTER OF YOURS AND OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!"

                  Well, that was enough for Miracle to realize that she had been so lost in writing the chapter that she forgot the door bell was ringing.

                      "Yes coming!", she yelled out saving her work and shutting down the computer in a hurry. She stumbled towards the door as the pounding got louder and louder.

                  "Geez! Calm your horses, you two.", Miracle said as she opened the door to find her two very annoyed bestfriends standing at her door step.

                   "You are still in your pajamas? It's like seven in the evening Miracle." Hazel, her dearest best friend since diapers pointed out not so subtly as Michael, another best friend since diapers and fiancé of best friend no.1 since diapers pushed his way inside and flopped down on the couch.

                 "Eh, I was sort of working. It's been a long time since I wrote a chapter. And besides you have no idea how persuasive these loyal readers can be. Its just really hard to say 'no' to them. It was like, when I woke up, I suddenly had this idea and I just had to put it down. Besides writing is not as easy at it seems-", she was cut off by Hazel brushing her off aside and going to sit near Michael.

                 "And why are you guys here anyways? Don't you have your own house? Like seriously. You guys are here everyday." Miracle asked, a bit annoyed for being disturbed when she was getting to the climax in her story.

                    "Hey, that's kind of harsh you know. We are not here everyday. We just came here to invite you for a few drinks to celebrate our engagement. Besides, its been way too long since we hung out together. Isn't that right, Mikey?"

            "Yup, absolutely. Caley, do you have something to eat? I am starving." , Michael asked changing the subject. Caley was the nickname they all had decided to go with in first grade. It was just this random spur of the moment thing. They used to call each other by their original name until first grade. But in first grade, suddenly, Michael turned in Mikey, Hazel turned into Hazey and Miracle turned into Caley.

                      "Michael, seriously when are you not hungry? There are some left overs from morning in fridge, warm them up. I'll just go and freshen up. And don't do anything on my couch. I have already changed the covers thrice. I'll go bankrupt if I keep changing the covers this way."

                    "Why would we do anything on your couch?", Hazel asked, sounding a bit offended.

                      "No offence, but you had your first time on that couch, your second and third time as well.And now that I think about it, I guess I'll be gifting you this couch on your wedding as a memory."

                   "Pffft... Whatever. Go and get ready. Wear something sexy, we are going to your darling Kayden's club." Unfortunately, Miracle only heard till the part where she was instructed to wear something sexy.

                    After almost a two hour wait in the cue outside, the trio was finally in the club. Although the wait was only two hours, it seemed like two years to Miracle with Hazel constantly nagging her about using her identity as Miracle Mars to get it. Her friends loved to boast to the world that they were friends with a great writer and multi-billion company heiress, Miracle. absolutely hated to use her name as an upper hand over other people.

                     The inside of the club was packed with people. After all it was a Friday night. Drunkards dancing like maniacs, couples making out in a corner, singles hooking up with the opposite sex for a night stand and even people with a preference for similar gender. Miracle made her way to the bar as Michael and hazel decided to hit the dance floor first. Sometimes she felt like a third-wheel between them, even though they always tried to include her.

             Well, its not their fault either!

                     True that!

                  Oh! And another thing that she had inherited other than the companies and name was her mother's habit of talking with herself.

                   "What can I get for the beautiful young lady?" A cute bartender asked her as soon as she took her seat on one of the bar stools.

                  She was about to answer him, only the thing is, she didn't expect her words to come out in a sexy baritone male voice.

                     "Two Bloody Marys with a drop of lime citrus. One for my baby and one for me."

************************************

A/N : SOOOO ITS THE FIRST CHAPTER !

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR ??

YAY ?? NAY ??

LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS !!

ENJOY READING

LOVE TRISH ♡♥♡