Chapter 18

"Baby, are you sure? You don't have to do this. We can hire the highest security and then some detectives to get over this." came Kayden's tired voice.

                     "Even the highest security firms won't give me the assurance I need Kay. So yes, I am going to do this. Now that I know who it is, hopefully I'll be able to knock some sense into that person."

           "How can you be so sure, Miracle? You tried guessing once and it was wrong. This is dangerous, don't do anything reckless." Kayden snapped at her, harshly. Irritation and frustration were getting the best of him. Irritation over the fact that Miracle refused to listen to him. Frustration over the stupid person who was trying to disrupt their life.

                  "Kay, you damn well know I would not do anything reckless. Besides I just want everything to get over once and for all. And I so sure because a little money can get a dog to speak. Now I just need Michael to co-operate and pick up his god damned phone."

                 Miracle sat down near his bed and reached for his hand. She placed her hand on his, begging him to look at her. Kayden was just to irritated and frustrated with everything. She knew he meant good, at least for her sake. She knew it was dangerous for her to go alone to meet that person. If he could have Kayden shot then he could have her kidnapped for all she knows. But she needed this to end once and for all.

          No more hide and seek.

             "Kay, I know you mean well for me. But I want this to be over. And clearly this person is dangerous. But I want you to remember one thing, if a person can be evil, I can be the Goddess above them. No one messes with my life and gets away with it. I hope you understand." She pecked his cheek and stood up to leave.

                  Kayden was shell-shocked by Miracle's little speech. He knew she had a spark in her. A spark to love her family. But never had he thought that he would get a chance to see that spark finally become fire. The way her eyes shined with the evil glint was enough of assurance for him to believe that the criminal's doom had arrived.

                    It was around 7 in the evening, when a confirmation call for the reservations had arrived from The Kingdom. It was something that they did. They called a hour before to check whether the clients would really be able to make it or not. Miracle found it really amusing. It was a new technique that these people had adapted to and it was pretty impressive. It somehow made the customers feel important and cared for by the hotel.

           She had reached her apartment around 4 in the evening, after setting up everything. She was not stupid to go to meet a criminal alone without any security.

                       Miracle had dressed up in the similar green gown, that she had worn on the day of the announcement of their engagement. Her hair hung loose over her shoulders in elegant waves of brown mass. The colour of the dress brought out her eyes the most. She had chosen to put on the least bit of make-up, only some mascara and a lip gloss. The three inch silver heels adorned her dainty feet. In all Miracle looked simple yet elegant, a perfect blend for a dinner night in a classy restraunt.