Chapter 23

It was a regular day for me. Annoying little sister bugging me, mom forcing me to choose a good college and dad just sitting on the couch and reading newspaper. Just what a normal 17 year old usually goes through.

                And then there was this sweet little 10 year old, who came banging the door open and jumping straight into my arms.

                   "Kay look! I got an A+ in essay writing. Isn't that awesome?" She giggled as she jumped out of my arms and did her happy dance. This little ball of joy sure had a lot of energy to keep her active for maximum 4 days without a break.

                       "Sure is. What story did you write baby?" I asked, amused at the full blown smile she gave me, before handing me her paper.

                       He was a handsome boy with beautiful blue eyes. He got her chocolates everyday, sneaking them quietly behind their parent's backs. She loved the chocolates he got her. But thats it. She just liked the chocolate he got her. She would never accept it if someone else were to give her.

                  She admired him. His intelligence, his personality. She thought of him as her hero, as her role model. After all she did promise him that she would not talk to the boys at school, because they were fat meanies who teased her, for her interest in writing.

                    He consoled her whenever she cried. He applied bandaids on her wounds. He would look after her when her parents were out of town. And he would ask his mother to make delicious food for her.

                   He was her hero, her best friend.

                  "Wow baby! This is pretty deep. What were asked to write on anyways?" I asked, curious about her writing.

                   "You are such a dummy, Kay! It is about 'Hero of your life'." She said giggling.

                      "And who is this best friend that you write about?" A scowl found its way on my face. I wonder who else gave her chocolates other than me. And I hope, I never even come to know or else I will have some nose breaking to do.

                    She just sighed and shook her head in disappointment. Hey! Come on. I didn't do anything to disappoint you, babe. Smile please!

                        "She has written about you, dimwit." Samantha said, throwing her soft toy at my head.

                I looked at the little soul, who looked up at me with eyes full of admiration, for confirmation. And trust me, that look was more than enough of a confirmation.

                     After that day, I took pride in being admired by her. I promised myself that I would do anything for her admiration and love. I promised myself that I would protect her and keep her happy forever.

                  In the end, she was, will and always be my baby. The little girl who grabbed my interest from the very time when she was in her mother's womb.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

            And now here I stood, watching her, walking down the isle with her father.

                  I could say that today I admired her the most. She was beautiful even when she was half asleep and looked like at zombie.

        She was unimaginably strong and just as sensitive at times. She was a proud woman with strict values. She was simply breath takingly beautiful.

                   "With the power vested in me, by the lord. I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

            And today she was my wife.

      A beautiful miracle that happened to me 25 years ago.

**************************

A/N : HELOO THERE PEEPS!

SO I DID NOT MENTION WHOSE POV IT IS. BUT I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS OBVIOUS. SO... -.-

APPARENTLY THIS IS IT! THE FINAL CHAPTER. NEXT COMES THE EPILOGUE...

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU LOVED MY BOOK. AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU READERS WHO ENJOYED MIRACLE'S JOURNEY WITH ME! THANKS A LOT FOR ACCOMPANING ME AND SUPPORTING ME. I WILL MISS YOU GUYS T.T

I HOPE YOU ALL KEEP SHOWING LOVE TO MY BOOKS WHICH WILL BE WRITTEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE AS WELL!

THANKS AGAIN..

LOVE TRISH..