Part Two: Chapter Nine (Find Her)

Shadow

Three weeks, and still no trace of her.

We were calling in every tracker on her, but were coming up short.

"Shadow, we can't use anymore of our resources." Bones told me. "It's obvious she doesn't want to be found." He didn't sound worried at all.

"Your daughter could be dead for all you know! Why arent-"

"Because, she's not my little girl anymore, Shadow. She's almost Twenty Two, she made her choice... Just like you made yours." Anger and betrayal is all that I felt.

"Did you talk to T-Bone?"

"He asked his charters all over the states and in Europe. He's got nothing." He answered, kicking his feet up. "I can't say anything. She doesn't want to be found and she hasn't ratted us out. As far as I'm concerned, she wanted out. I can only hope she is taking care of herself and her daughter." He was too calm about this. "I ran away from a hardcore religious family, and yes, I've had some issues, but I know my daughter. She'll be fine." I just put my head in my hands. I did fuck up, and I wanted to apologize. I doubt she would want to hear it, but I needed to.

*

Kelsea

Kinsey was having so much fun picking out her clothes and new toys. I was just happy to see her happy.

"Mommy, look!" She pointed out a huge dollhouse mansion that was 205 euros. I clinched my teeth.

"Kinsey, that's really expensive. You think you can wait until Christmas?" Her face dropped. "If you can settle for a smaller one, I will be more than happy to get you this one for Christmas."

"Promise?" She held out her pinky.

"I promise." I linked my pinky with hers. She picked out a smaller one, which was still pretty pricey, but I told her a smaller one. Alucard was nowhere to be found, but I eventually found him up front with a clerk. He thanked the man and walked with us back to the car. It was full to the brim with new clothes, shoes, and toys... and I had made just a dent in the cash.

I helped Kinsey in, and we drove back to the house. I got a text from Michael, saying we needed to talk when we got back.

"Uh..." I hadn't done anything to provoke him. "Do you know anything about this?" I asked Alucard, showing him. He looked confused.

"No... no, I don't." We just hurried back
"I'll take care of this stuff, just go see what he wants." Kinsey went with Alucard, and I went to the Church room. Michael was waiting there, with T-Bone on the phone.

"Kelsea, we got a problem." Michael put the phone on speaker.

"Your ol' man is looking for you." T-Bone spoke from the phone. "He's come to us, he's been using trackers, and he's been trying to contact your old phone number. Have you had any contact with him?"

"None, I swear to fucking god!" I quickly defended myself. "I wanted away from him, and I'm not like those weak women who can't get away from their abusers! I told him the moment he had laid a hand on me, it was over."

"He's planning on going out to the German charter of CS. You have to be careful." I covered my face.

"We'll increase security on her. Please send us a picture of him so we can keep a look out." They said their goodbyes, and then Michael looked to me, a hard glare making me actually scared for my life.

"I swear, I haven't had any contact with him! He won't let go of me!" I held up my hands, completely innocent.

"Let me see your phone. Email and everything." I handed it over willingly. He checked every app, then handed it back. "We have another shipment, hauling AK's and Heroin. You're driving again, but the crew is staying in Italy for the night. I'll have Kinsey stay with the kids and Hannah tonight. Magna will not be anywhere near them. If she is, she will not be punished lightly." He handed me another gun. A .50 cal gun. A freakin' Desert Eagle. "Hope you can handle yourself."

*

Kinsey was happily playing with her new toys while all the clothes were put away neatly in the dressers and hung up in the closet.

Alucard was sitting on the bed, watching her with a smile on his face.

"How'd everything go?" I sighed, going out to the balcony, and he went with me, and I pulled out a cigarette, lighting it up.

"Shadow is after me." I said after a few drags. He looked completely shocked. "After this long, you'd think he'd give up already."

"Aparently not." He sighed, pulling out his own cigarette. "What are you going to do?"

"We have a run tonight that's supposed to last all night. All I know is that I don't want anything to do with him. I just want him to leave me alone. I don't want him dead, but I don't want to be with him." I said quietly.

"I understand." He sat with me until we finished our cigarettes and we went back inside. Kinsey was still playing but we kept our conversation quiet.

"I just want this to be over with."

"I understand. I really do." He laid back. "My ex was a possessive freak. All she wanted was money. I ended up dumping her ass after she started to constantly drink, become violent... She broke my statue of my mother that she had custom made for me when I moved away. My mother died a couple years ago so it really hit me hard because she died that year."

"I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"It was a wake up call." He said, no regret or remorse. "After she broke it, I sent her the bill. It was almost 2000 euros." I whistled. She didn't cheap out. "She paid me back and I told her if I ever saw her face again, she'd regret it. I left it at that." That was something very dear to him, broken in a fit of rage.

"I stood my ground over a fucking VP who decided to ignore my patch and property patch... And I get slapped for it." I rolled my eyes.

"Nobody should ever put their hands on a woman unless she strikes first... well, let me rephrase... if she had a deadly weapon, knock her the fuck out." I couldn't help but laugh.

"If I ever come at anyone with a sharp and pointy object-"

"Oh god, don't tell me you have a strap on." I lost it. I absolutely fucking lost it. My belly cramped up because of how hard I was laughing.

"Oh, god, no! I meant a knife... but please, put a bullet between my eyes if you ever see me near one of those." He pat my arm.

"No can do, Kelsea. You're stuck with us, now." I sighed, content, and looked up at my ceiling fan.

With him here, I did feel right at home.