Part Two: Chapter One (Running from everything)

\Kelsea

Runs had become longer and more dangerous. It was becoming a lot harder, but the money was good.

Kinsey had developed meningitis when she was two and was left partially deaf due to it. Thankfully, she only required hearing aids and could still hear enough without them. I hated to be away from her. I was just glad she looked like me and not the scum bag who put her inside of me. She had my hazel eyes and blonde hair, which was enough for me. 

As I pulled up to my spot behind Shadow in our line, I kicked my stand out, killing the engine. 

"Mama!" Kinsey was running to me as I put my helmet on my handlebars. 

"Hey, baby girl!" I got up, catching her, tossing her up to my chest. She had a scrape on her cheek. "What happened here?" I looked to see it oozing blood.

"Dalton pushed me and I ate concrete. I punched him for being mean to me." I smirked, shaking my head. I had enrolled her in the Kids classes at the nearby Dojo which she was in Lil' Dragons, on her last year there. I enrolled her there when she was three, and she was almost five. I wanted her to be able defend herself if she ever had the same life I did.

"Good for you. Let's go get you cleaned up, shall we?" I set her down, taking her hand. She skipped along side me. Christian had gone inside with the rest of the table, leaving me with my baby girl. They knew I'd be in shortly. 

Once I got her cheek cleaned up and bandaged, I sat her down at the TV, promising her I'd be back, and went to go take my seat inside our church room.

Scruffy had officially taken up President, while my father finally came back sober, taking up Sergeant at Arms, and Shadow as VP. I chose not to take up any ranks because of Kinsey, but acted as proxy votes, and if someone wasn't available to take the lead, with permission, of course. Bones wanted to spend time with Kinsey, even though he didn't want me to have her, and I always said no. I didn't trust him with her. 

"How'd this run go?" Scruff didn't go on runs very often, only local. This one was all the way to Denver and it was a bitch of a ride.

"My ass is sore." Shadow grumbled, rubbing his hip. 

"Are you sure you didn't take one up the ass when you were in for three months?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He flipped me off. It was a constant joke. I knew he wouldn't cheat on me. He did three months for a bar fight, in my defense, severely knocking the sense out of multiple people. 

"It was hard ride." The table snickered. "Alright, the next person who fucking snickers, I'm putting a bullet in your goddamn head." They cleared their throats. "We got half down before the run, other half, plus expenses, right here." He threw a backpack on the table. Scruffy dispersed cuts, and then put the bag under the table.

"What's in store for tonight?" He asked, kicking his chair back.

"Our Houston charter is coming up, running a lot of pot and ammo to us to relay to a new MC who is in town. They're a branch off from the Florida charter of Red Skulls." I knew nothing about them. "They're friends of our Florida charter." Donna elaborated. 

"Good. Welcome them with open arms, and if the Los Locos cause any trouble, make sure they're on our side. If that's all, then go relax." Scruff banged the gavel, and I got up. My back cracked, making me hiss. It was killing me to make these runs since Shadow and I had a uh... incident that resulted in me having to get a plate in my back and have my spine fused.

"You okay?" He came behind me, rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah." I breathed out. "I'm going to go spend some time with Kinsey before Abi watches her tonight." He kissed my temple.