24

It was my birthday today. Three days after Christmas I was supposed to celebrate another stupid holiday.

Weirdly, I always enjoyed that my birthday was near the holidays. It meant that it was another holiday I could get over with right around other annoying holidays. It always went Christmas, my birthday, and then New Years. All three of those were some of the biggest holidays for people who celebrated. But I didn't celebrate any of them. I hated them.

And I was kind of even hoping Harry would forget. But of course, he wanted to celebrate me turning another year older.

"Would you like to spend the next couple days in the city?" He asked me at lunch that day.

"Is it going to be safe? I'm afraid something might happen to us," I struggled finding my courage to trust him

"Don't be afraid, Mia. I'd never let anything bad happen to you," he leaned over and kissed my hairline.

I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together. It was only a matter of time before we left the safety of his childhood home. And I needed to grow some balls and get the fuck over it.

I would be fine. Harry would protect us from whatever might decide to harm us in the coming days. He always had and I had a feeling that he always would.

After a few hours of our car journey to London, Geoffrey dropped us off at a tower overlooking much of London.

"You have a place here too?" I raised my brows at Harry while he leaned across me and opened my door on the curb.

"We have places everywhere, Emilia," his smirk widened as I quickly got out of the car bundling myself tighter in my puffy winter coat. His long legs stood from the Range Rover next and he cradled me into his side as we made our way to the building. "Might as well get used to it."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at how cocky he sounded sometimes. It was so unlike him, but also so much like him. I never knew when he was going to play up his money or down play it.

As we walked inside the apartment tower and enclosed ourselves in the elevator, Harry pulled me into him and counted out some birthday kisses he was placing on my nose.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..."

My heart swelled and I wasn't sure I ever wanted to leave the elevator. I giggled and gushed over how cute and romantic he was being, but then the elevator doors opened and a woman and man dressed head to toe in black both walked in on our moment.

Her lust was intoxicating mixing with my own and then I felt her anger. It rushed through my veins and I quickly took in a breath that Harry noticed. Being with him and his mother had been such a breath of fresh air, and now being thrown back into society was difficult. I couldn't sense Harry's emotions and it was refreshing, but this world was a hard place to be Strange in.