9

After two and a half months of interning with Dr. Topalli, I finally stopped crying after every interview session. I internalized most of the encounters and tried to leave those emotions in the room with the inmates. Harry was a good listener too. If it was a hard interview with a lot of emotions, Harry let me decompress to him in his office. There were times where I brought my emotions home and it drove me up a wall. I always ended up ok, and most importantly, I learned more and more about myself every day.

It was finally an early December Friday night after a long week interning, working, and studying for school

It was finally an early December Friday night after a long week interning, working, and studying for school. I stayed late with Terry to help compile documents since we didn't keep anything on an electronic database. Harry was in his office making phone calls as usual and signing paper work.

"Alright, we're done for the night. I don't think I can do this any longer," Terry sat back down in his chair after putting a box lid back onto the cardboard box with a ton of paperwork we just sorted through. "Yo, Harry!" he shouted into the silent room and Harry's head popped up to look at Terry.

"We good to go, boss man?" Terry asked while stuffing the box under his desk.

"Yeah, I'm headed out, too. Give me a second," he finished some signatures and pulled his coat on.

I walked over to my desk with my heels clicking on the concrete flooring. I bent down and grabbed my purse and my coat. I slid my arms through and flipped my hair out.

"You going to get drinks with us, Mia?" Terry slid up to my desk so quietly it made me jump. I turned my head to look at him and frowned knowing I would just be overwhelmed in that situation.

"No, I don't..." I started to object when Harry appeared with his briefcase and coat both ready to walk out the door. "I don't really go out...like at all. It's a lot of emotional drunk people and it can get a little overwhelming."

"Come on," Terry rolled his eyes and started to walk to the door.

"How 'bout I buy you a drink, Emilia? All drinks on me tonight," Harry spoke up trying to persuade me into going.

"All drinks on you, H? I'm there!" Terry joked and swatted Harry's chest playfully.

"Shut the fuck up," Harry chuckled and for the first time in a while I had seen him smile and laugh. "It's Emilia's first night out with everyone."

"I don't think it's a good idea. I'm sorry guys," I walked into the elevator with them and Terry accepted defeat, but Harry on the other hand did not.

"How about this: If you're overwhelmed, I take you home. If you're having a good time, you stay and I buy you drinks," Harry leaned his shoulder on the wall of the elevator as it took us downstairs to the lobby.

I smirked and rolled my eyes at him. "I don't think I have much of a choice now. Do I?"

The doors beeped open and Terry was the first to exit leaving Harry in the elevator with me long enough to say, "I'll drive," giving me no escape from the night.