5

Two days later, I walked into class feeling my anxiety peak as I sat down and saw both Harry and Dr. Topalli staring at me.

I flushed and grabbed my things to leave just as soon as I sat down

I flushed and grabbed my things to leave just as soon as I sat down. I pushed open the doors of the lecture hall to exit into the hallway, but I felt someone quickly running to catch up behind me.

"Emilia," Harry's sweet accent made me pause and I turned to look at him. I hadn't realized my desperation to escape until I watched Harry try and calm me down. "Emilia, you're ok. Stop," he reached forward and pulled my hand off of my other arm. I had been pinching myself and not knowing I was doing so.

"Does he know?" tears formed in my eyes and I hadn't realized how upset and scared I was until they started to fall down my cheeks. "Does he know about me?" I whispered as students stared at me in the hallway while walking into the classroom. "Did you tell him?"

My eyes searched the green in his eyes and I found myself feeling worried and threatened the more I looked into them.

"Oh God, I'm going to be sick," I walked away from him and to the ladies room just around the corner.

Harry followed me to the door and stood waiting for me to come out.

"Emilia," he called for me to leave the confines of the restroom. But I wasn't ready to leave and face the reality of who I was and who they knew me to be. "Emilia," he repeated and when I didn't answer, he walked in.

Tears stopped flowing down my cheeks when he saw me standing over the sinks with my hands shaking under the water. I blushed with his intrusion and walked to the paper towel dispenser.

"What does he know?" I sniffled my nose. "Did you just tell him, like recently?"

"I told him in his office earlier this morning. He knows as much as I know, which isn't much," Harry narrowed his eyes at me and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why do I always cry around you?" I laughed a little but then caught his uncomfortable stare. "You know this scares the shit out of me?"

"I can see that," he gave me a crooked pity smile back. "No one's going to try and hurt you."

"You don't know that," I blinked and a female janitor walked into the bathroom then, interrupting our conversation.

"Boys restroom is across the hall. And if you two really need some privacy, the family restroom is up a floor," she commented while pulling the lid off a trash can.

Harry smirked and I flushed a shade of red thinking about our conversation about fucking at dinner the other night.

"Can I take you to get a coffee?" he stuck his hands in his pockets and watched me shift uncomfortably with his kind eyes on me now.

"I don't think that's appropriate... You're practically my teacher," I bit the inside of my cheek and waited for his response.

"What? It's not like I'm trying to get you wine drunk over dinner so I can go back and meet your, what was it, 'fuck tard' roommate," he smirked back at me and I rolled my eyes.