22*

Harry's eyes stared into mine until I realized that he was waiting for a reaction out of me. He was doing something I didn't even realize.

Blinking, I turned my head and saw a wooden chair floating midair behind me

Blinking, I turned my head and saw a wooden chair floating midair behind me. The breath in my throat caught and I made a noise I didn't even recognize as my own.

"Harry, this isn't so bad," I turned back to face him, but little did I know that he had only just begun.

With a blank face staring into my grinning one, he sent the chair into the wall beside us, obliterating it into chunks of wood. I jumped at the noise and the sudden obstruction. Feeling more and more uncomfortable wondering how far he was willing to prove his point, I made sure that I was aware of everything going on around me.

"Harry..." I warned as the pieces of wood, some stakes and some small bits, all lifted from the wooden floor into the air.

"Are you scared?" His tone deepened while watching the emotions on my face.

"No," I replied feeling out of breath.

As I responded, he sent the pieces to the opposite wall in the hallway we were standing in. I lifted my arms and covered my face as they passed us and stabbed into the wall.

"Harry!" I shouted feeling my nerves peak.

"If that still doesn't scare you, watch this," he grunted. His eyes shut, his arms opened up, and his head tilted back.

The chandelier hanging from the ceiling between the two staircases and above the grand corridor trembled as Harry used his gifts. Taking a step back, I watched in scared amazement as it shook and shook until it bursted into a million, maybe a billion, little pieces spraying all around the room.

As it came forcefully in our direction, I shrieked and lifted my arms again to shield my face, "Harry!"

He was intentionally trying to scare me and it was beginning to piss me the fuck off.

Looking back out into the room as it grew quiet, I watched in awe as glass, metal, and wood pieces floated aimlessly around me and around the room. Lights shimmered off the reflections of the glass and metal pieces and it looked like sparkles dangling all over the room. My mouth turned up at the sides and I reached the pad of my finger across from me to play with the floating glass.

 My mouth turned up at the sides and I reached the pad of my finger across from me to play with the floating glass