15*

That Monday, Harry spent the night with me again and I was surprisingly very thankful he did. I still wasn't sick of him. Usually I liked to be alone, but his presence wasn't overwhelming, it was quite calming.

The next day on Tuesday, Harry drove me to class

The next day on Tuesday, Harry drove me to class. He gave the final exam that morning while I sat there and admired his intelligence and beauty. I felt all the other women's lust over him in the huge lecture hall and I began to glow knowing I had him and none of them did.

After my exam  in his class, I went to the flower shop and worked. It was a strong dose of reality as I caught up the books and answered phone calls. As closing came, Lillie came up to me and told me good news about her financial situation.

Apparently an anonymous donor gave her $25,000 to "support a local business doing good things." I was thankful that Lillie was out of her financial shit storm, but I was also very thankful that I still had a job working with her. I knew even if she didn't have this place anymore that we would always find a time to catch up and look out for one another. She'd always been there for me and I knew I'd always be there for her.

She walked me out as we closed shop for the night and through the laughter and small conversation we held, a voice spoke from the side of the building.

A silver volvo was parked next to the warehouse and my mother was sitting on the front hood waving at me with a crooked smile.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Lillie pulled out her cell phone from her back pocket. "I'm calling the cops."

"Mia, sweetie. Just please listen to me," my mother walked to me and I started to back away to hide behind Lillie. For once my mother noticed my fear, she clenched her hands tightly around her coat and crossed her arms over her chest. "We need to talk. It's about you and I think you'd really like to have this conversation with me."

"Lillie, please don't call the cops," I pushed Lillie's wrist down back to her side. I glared at my mother and thought about calling Harry, but it was too soon to involve him in my family drama.

"Mia," my mother continued, tucking her dirty blonde hair behind her ears and looking at me desperately. "I know I've hurt you, baby. But I'm trying to help you right now."

"Get in your car and leave, Sienna," Lillie snarled her pretty face toward my mother. I felt my stomach clench and my throat tighten. My mother was sad and afraid as her emotions washed over me. I looked at her over Lillie's shoulder and saw my mother's desperation.

But I didn't want any part of her in my life, "I don't want you here and I don't want to have to call the cops, but I will."