11

On Monday I didn't have work at either the office or Lillie's. On Tuesday, I had to face Harry and Dr. T for class. I almost debated even going but remembered Harry telling me about a pop quiz that was soon. I guess knowing the right people had its perks.

I walked into class, sat down by myself in my usual row, and looked over social media until Dr

I walked into class, sat down by myself in my usual row, and looked over social media until Dr. Topalli started.

"Phones away, take out a piece of paper and a pencil, and I'll tell you when your quiz will begin," Dr. T smirked as he looked among the disgruntled faces of my peers.

I  smirked too while listening to all of them moan and groan over the surprise pop quiz. With my paper and pencil in front of me, I caught myself staring at Harry as he roamed the other side of the lecture hall to monitor students and keep them from cheating.

He was wearing a pair of black jeans today, ripped at the knees, and tightly fit against his bum and thighs. What I thought was a Hawaiian shirt in the season of winter was actually not. He wore a dark navy button up shirt with deep maroon fall leaves printed on it.

I marveled at him wondering if I could picture anyone else wearing, and pulling off, a shirt like that. I couldn't. He was a living, breathing masterpiece.

Then I realized what I looked like. I hadn't brushed my hair this morning when getting up. I threw on an old sweatshirt not even sure if it was clean and had an old pair of black thermal leggings on with some Bean boots in case it rained. My face was breaking out as finals approached and I didn't dare put any makeup on my face to make it worse.

He was exquisite and I was just bleh. No wonder he hadn't texted or called. I was walking trash and he was a fucking model.

My fingers reached for my arm to pinch and for once I noticed. I stopped myself and realized I was bruise-free. I couldn't remember the last time I had been free of self mutilating marks. But I was. And it was something to commend.

After class was over, I gathered my book bag and walked to my next class. As I sat down in my next lecture, I pulled my phone out and read a text that sent my stomach ablaze.

Leggings? In winter?! Are you warm enough? I wish I was more worried for your health but I think I'm more worried about you never wearing them again -H.S.

I bit the inside of my cheek and tried to hide my smile in my small classroom.

I was definitely going for a goddess look this morning while running late -Emilia

When are your classes over for the day? -H.S.

2:30, but I'm busy all day today. Have lots of studying to do for finals -Emilia

Can I take you to coffee then? -H.S.

I don't think that's the best idea -Emilia

I'll bring coffee to you then -H.S.