38. Shop Til A Body Drops

"Go faster!" I laugh as Jay sharply rounds a corner going through a red light in broad daylight.

The early birds of Gotham, the ones who wear suits and have nine to fives scream and scramble over each other like roaches to get out of our way. It's hilarious to see the looks of fear in their faces as they abandon their civilized facade and turn into heathens, pushing and stepping on each other without hesitation in order to save themselves.

Jay turns down a street towards oncoming traffic, throwing his head back in laughter as they all swerve to get out of the way

"Look at em go, like little animals." I remark lightly it wasn't meant to be read into as more serious than a joke.

"Oh darling, you and I both know that all people are animals." Jay says,his face suddenly quite serious as if he wasn't just yucking it up. " Even you and I. "

He gets very quiet, his grip on the steering wheel getting tighter as he glares up at the road ahead. I stare at his profile not daring to say a word during such a sharp change in mood, unsure if the growing cloud of darkness above his head is because of some unrelated trauma of me. The thought of it being me makes my stomach churn as I shift anxiously in my seat, we were just having fun and now he's fallen into one of his mood.

Well, fnck.

This isn't gonna be as fun as I thought it would be. . .

"What do ya think of this one Puddin?" I ask displaying myself in yet another outfit in hopes of getting a reaction from him.

The idea was to find something more casual to wear for occasions others than the club like for the very likely chance that if end up accompanying Jay in one of his heists. Dresses are cute but I'd rather not wear one while I'm running from the cops.

I like it but Jay just wrinkles his nose at me and shakes his head which sends me trudging back to the dressing room

I like it but Jay just wrinkles his nose at me and shakes his head which sends me trudging back to the dressing room. It's like he's not happy unless I'm half dressed so in an attempt to get the stick out of his butt I grab something a little more revealing and a whole lot sexier.