21.Love You In The Dark

*WARNING EXTREMELY SHORT AND CRAPPY CHAPTER AHEAD, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*

No matter how I rack my brain for answers I cannot recall for the life of me which turn Jay told me to take when I reach the end of the alley. Why is it that fncking sh!t up comes naturally? I can't afford the time I am wasting here agonizing over my course so I make the split second decision to make a right and try the first foot I come across. Locked.

Traveling further down in that direction, I'm met with yet another decision to make left or right and choose right to keep things simple only to reach a dead end. So at least now I know what direction not to take, I do an about face so I can take the opposite path and be there waiting for Puddin when he get there. I breath a tired sigh, pushing hair from my face with Jay's gun in hand and listen to the echo of my heels hitting the pavement.

On the way back I stop in my tracks because the door I first tried that was locked when I checked last is now ajar. Weird. But very convenient. Maybe I got it right the first time and the thing purposely waited til my back was turned to creep open, sneaky. I grasp the doors edge and pull it open, not going based on its chipped paint and rusting hinges I expect to see a room that's plush, lavish and expensive because my Puddin is smart like that. He knows when to hide his flash so The Batman can't find him so easy while whatever heat dies down. But instead of that I see a room that's worn down by time like sandpaper.

I shrug my shoulders, about to leave when some hulking black mass in clad in a cape drop down from the ceiling. I watch with wide eyes as the guy known as the Batman rises from his crouched position looming over me by a foot and cocks his head at me. I've been in Gotham well over a year and I never thought of him as an actual threat, kinda like the whole naughty and nice list Santa has. I never got why everyone was so afraid of Gothams caped crusader, the dude walking around dressed as a bat and croaking out I am the night to everyone and their momma. But with him looming over me like this I suddenly get the fear everyone else had. I've never seen him up close before and I have to admit he's pretty damn scary one on one.

 I've never seen him up close before and I have to admit he's pretty damn scary one on one

"Oops." I cringe at him as he gives me a dark and brooding scowl. "Sorry, Batsy. "

I try closing the door back, real calm like but also quickly so that I can make a run for it only I can't because the Bats big fat hand is in the way. I make an attempt to push it closed only to have him growl and then force the door back open, he takes a step towards me and a flash of panic strikes. I back peddle to put as much distance between me and him so of course stupid ol' me trips over my own damn feet and falls on my a$$, accidentally firing two shots into the air. My head strikes the concrete nearly knocking me out cold but I manage to stay awake even if there is three of everything.

"Would you all keep still?!" I spat from the ground as Batman multiplied before my eyes.

Out of frustration I attempt to hit them all by firing the gun wildly until there's just that empty sound I hated, that sound when you know you've run out of bullets. I manage to roll away, stuffing more into the clip and try shooting him again. "Say good night, Batsy." I growl, but it jams and I look like an idiot.