26.Liar, Liar, Hearts Desire

Into this web you will crawl
Ever ignoring, every warning cause you,
You want it all
~ Ivy Levan, Who can you trust

I'd like you to consider this as my

"Les Madaton, tell me something," my boxes annoyingly high pitched voice grates on my brain, "have you lost your mind?"

I laugh, prodding his back with the to of my revolver as motivation to keep him moving and I can't be bothered to hide the grin on my face. From the day this pompous fool interviewed me I hated him, I hated him enough to hope he wouldn't hire me even though i was desperate for money because i knew his type. A year ago i got the exact opposite of what i wanted, only for it you turn out to be for the best because if I never worked here Puddin and I wouldn't have this amazing opportunity. Together with the person I love most in this world I get to leave it all behind in the best possible way. I was beginning again and in order to make that rebirth official there of course had to be flames.

"Somewhere along the line, mmmmm," I sarcastically ponder his question, " probably yeah. Now shuffle them feet,me and my Puddin are in a schedule! "

With in a minute we've the banks delivery doors where all the big money comes from, where Mr.Dawkrej here will come in handy for the first time in his life. I smile, a thrill in my heart as I anticipate his arrival because even a few hours away from Mr. J is far too long and I couldn't wait to throw myself back into his embrace. Mr. Dawkrej hesitation wears at patience which makes me take off the safety off with my thumb and press that too hard to his head.

"Open. It." I order forcefully, staring holes into his skull.

"You know I can't do that, Ember." Is his response that makes my finger twitch over the trigger.

" Wrong answer. Open it, " I growl, pushing the metal into his head with force, " or I will put a bullet through your head. "

Now Mr. Dawkrej takes a moment to laugh, though I don't get the joke and for the first time he begins to display some venom, arrogance. It's almost as if he's the one who lost his mind right now and it's really starting to bug me to the point where I am willing to blow the whole thing and pop a cap on him just so he'd shut up. But I am determined to give my Puddin this gift so I will bare it, I couldn't stand the look of disappointment he'd show if I told him I'd screwed up. Keep it together Ember.

"What is so Got(God) damn funny?!" I snarl at his back as he shakes with laughter.

"You are!" He exclaims with a snicker . " If you kill me then you don't get those codes, you need me alive but that was a very cute attempt at a threat. "

"Tell ya what, if you get in your knees right now I won't report this."

A dark smirk passed over my face, imagining how Jay would kill him a thousand different ways of he heard him say that.

"You're right about the fact that I can't kill you, yet." I respond in a light tone as I lean close to whisper seductively into his ear, " but I can always break every bone in your body till I get the answers I want. And you don't want to know what my boyfriend will do. "

I get great satisfaction watching him tense up and then seeing his shoulders slump in defeat that fast, raising a shaking hand to slowly punch in the code. After a moment the mechanical door unlatches It's many locks before it slides apart, Gothams winds are eager to slither through the tiniest cracks to tug at my hair. I feel my heart bouncing around in there as I anxiously watch the door not wanting to get close in case dumb dumb decides to make a run for it. Finally though the man I'm waiting for breathes through the door glancing around with an intense curiosity as he enters the room