29.Heavy

Wherever life drops pins and needles along your path, don't stay away. Instead, collect them so that the same pin won't hurt you again..

I sit in the backseat while Jonny drives to where ever Jay is lurking in Gotham though I have a strong suspicion on the location because like I said, I know him.I remain silent with my arms folded across my chest and take the time to ponder what the actual hell I am doing because this isn't crazy, it's stupid.

He's playing games. I know he is because it's me and I am, will always be, his favorite play thing. Is getting back at him, attempting to make him jealous really worth it? I won't get an apology I already know that, so what am I gonna get out of it when he isn't capable of showing remorse? Not only is he incapable of showing remorse he doesn't feel it either. I've seen him do things like slaughter hundreds in one nights, steal thousands of innocent peoples money and then sleep like a kitten immediately afterward. What he did to me was really nothing in comparison to that.

I can't even tell what he wants anymore or what he really means because he seems so genuine in every stage I can't tell which is real. Who he really and what he's really wants. When was he lying, in Arkham, the morning after when he whispered promises in my ear while we laid bed, the bank, the highway when? I really don't know anymore.

I shouldn't have come, I'm regretting it but I'm already in the car and I'm already dressed up, you don't just waste an outfit like this by going home.

That's really all that's stopping me from taking the dagger hidden in my waistband and driving it into Jonny's shoulder so I can hijack this car. I'm not gonna turn around with out flaunting my body in his face, I want to see the fire burn in his eyes when he catches sight of me in this pair of skin tight leather pants, when he stares at the exposed flesh from my lacey halter top beneath my leather jacket. That's what I'm here for, I'm here to rub my perfect ass in his sorry face because it's the closest I can get to hurting someone without feelings, all while making it seem effortless and unintentional.

Glancing out the window I see I've been this way before many a Time, the path held so many important memories and events that it came to me like instinct. It was the same as monarchs know the way home, elks know which path to take in the winter, penguins know the calls of it's lover among thousands, and salmon spawning once a year know which River to swim, I didn't have to think about it because it was just something I knew.

The minutes stretch by like hours in the backseat as I wait for us to get there already, in reality it's a fifteen minute drive from my place over the bridge. The bridge. Its so far out that it only leads to do a few locations, the majority abandoned years ago or barely kept up with like a certain chemical plant I know.Technically it's the place we first met formally, an anniversary of sorts. How romantic. . .

"Yeah, real romantic. "I grumble to myself as I trudge up my fifth flight of stairs in four inch heels. "Why couldn't we just meet on the first floor? "