3.Confess & Be " Forgiven

Instinctively, I open my mouth to scream, only to have a leather glove plastered over it. A frenzied and muffled scream is all I can manage under his firm grip. He drags an agitated breath into his lungs, the lids of his eyes flutter as he rolls them so far back all I see is white.

 He drags an agitated breath into his lungs, the lids of his eyes flutter as he rolls them so far back all I see is white

His silver teeth gleam as He bares them in a grimace. " Sssshhhhuuuusssshhhh." The Joker quiets me, his voice biting with impatience. "Lets not make this harder for you than it has to be."

He tightens his grip over my mouth until he blocks both air ways so I can't even take a breath. When he speaks, he takes his time unconcerned by my lungs collapsing on themselves as he suffocates me.

"Now I'm gonna uncover your mouth and when I do, " He pauses, a dark chuckle resonates from his chest, " ya better not scream cause if ya do, oh, I promise: You, will , be , sorry."

"Ya got that doll?"

I swallow at the aching lump in my throat, tears streaming down my face as I stare at him wide eyed and nod.

"That's a good girl." He grins taking his hands off my mouth and allows me to breath.

The Joker heaves a content sigh, placing a firm hand on my shoulder. "Now tell me, honey, who sent ya?"

Sent me? I blink at him in confusion, without a clue in my head as to what he meant. There wasn't much time to ponder on it, his grip on my shoulder tightens as he gives a depraved growl. It was rapidly becoming obvious that patience was in short supply for this man.

" I'll rephrase the question, " he barks, smile nowhere to be seen, " who paid you to follow me?!"

I gulp, eyes widening all the more as I realize the boat load of trouble I've gotten myself into, what he thought I was. Wow. you've really done it this time, Ember. He thinks I'm here to kill him. Well, go on, this was your brilliant idea; tell the clown why you're here.

" N-n-n-o No one! " I sputter

The Joker groans exaggeratedly, rolling his eyes to the back of his head before letting out the full force of his laugh. Even as his body body rocks from this laughing fit, his grip on me never loosens and the guns aim never wavers.I sit tensely, my body rigid as I wait for him to finish, there isn't much else for me to do. His laugh doesn't stop, the level insanity just lowers.

" Alrighty then, we'll just have to do this the hard way. " his tone is almost pleasant as he speaks, " fine by me."

Without warning, The Joker's hand leaves my shoulder to tangle into my curly hair. He pulls back with ferocity that sends a shooting pain from my scalp to my brain. I clamp down on my bottom lip to stop the scream in my throat. My head jerks back against the headrest and fresh tears begin to well as I struggle to maintain some control over myself.