33.Miss Madaton

*You could just play the song as soon as you start reading*

I roll my eyes as yet another body drops to the floor, blood oozing from the hole in his forehead and stains my off white carpeting. He had it coming though, people never seen to understand that you don't double cross The Joker, you don't get to work for me and then make your own money on the side. Besides with him dead, that frees my schedule up by a whole twenty minutes. Minutes I will spend with my s-

Glancing over the dance floor, I search through the crowd for Embers dancing form and can't find her there or in her cage. Not at the bar, not in the dressing room; I know because I walked in there myself and saw just about every shade of a$$ in there but not Embers. All I left with is annoyance and being on the opposite end of a cat call. Females. I even went to check her powder room, she isn't here.

Why doesn't she ever just listen to me?

I leave her alone, trusted her to stay out and then she runs off without telling me, the exact opposite of the rules of given her. Her a$$ was in for it when I got my hands it.

Jonny returns from his search and I snap my head in his direction, seeing instantly that he doesn't have good news.

"Where is she?" I growl even though I already know the answer.

" We don't know, boss. " Is his response.

I grit my teeth together as rage swells from the pit of my stomach, almost smoking out the anxiety that grips my lungs. She's out there right now out in the open I don't have the slightest clue where. She's been gone for who knows how long for anyone to see. Now she's going to learn the hard way just why I told her not to leave, I know she needs the lesson, but part of me doesn't want her to learn it.Growling I bring myself to my feet by pushing on my cane and get right on Jonny's face.

"Find her."

Surprise b!tchs you just got sucker punched by a double update!!!!Lmao it's sort I know but more on the way i promise! So I actually have some questions for you guys so that I can get a better idea of what you think so here goes:

How do you feel about Jay and Embers relationship now?
Do you like it?
Is it cute?
Or does it feel too out of character for the Joker?

What about Jay's efforts to spoil Ember and keep her away from people?
Do you feel it's more on the possessive side or protective?

Mistah J is just a little pissed that Ember left with out telling him, so you think he's just trying to keep her in a short leash and control her or do you think he has her best interests at heart?

Lemme know in the comments. And as always feel free to ask me questions about characters concepts and ideas for this book is love to answer them. Whether it's PM, in my MB, in comments it doesn't matter I'll respond and answer best I can. 😘