11. Party Girl

*apology in advance action scenes are super hard to write and also sorry for taking so long but as you can imagine this ain't always easy T_T*

" Would you all get the lead outta your ass?" Jay quips sarcastically from ahead. " Move it. Now."

No one questions him even though he has yet to reveal a destination, he's The Joker, when he says move you move. I wake up just in time so that i'm not left behind thanks to his booming and authoritative voice. He walks with the confidence that comes with being the clown Prince of Crime, everybody just follows you know questions asked. A pack leader, alpha male, that's what he is and always will be, but he's an alpha male who's missing something or should I say some one.

And I don't mean Jonny Frost, though he is strangely missing from The Joker's side, what Gotham's Clown Prince needs is a princess. Who better to fill that role than me, there certainly isn't any women in line that could beat me out and even if there were I'd probably slit her throat. The thought makes me laugh but there isn't anyone near by to share the joke with except for Johnny just a few feet away. I walk on the tips of my toes in order to see what he's so focused on, it turns out to be a glock that has his neck cranked as he wipes away invisible specks. Jonny isn't the kind of guy I'd want to share anything with but he is hella fun to mess with and that's just what I need right about now.

Messing with him, has got to be number two on my list of pick me ups, being with Jay is number one of course but this was a close second. I smirk, already anticipating the fun to be had as I widen my stride to catch up with him. Coming in on his left, I lean close to him right in his neat freak bubble with a bright smile sure to annoy him.

" Why are you always so grouchy all the time?" I question as he glares down at me.

It's a perfectly valid question, after all anyone could tell just by looking at Jay that he's got a bunch of reasons to be pissed. But Jonny, not so much. I mean he's so. . . so normal looking. What's he doing here and more important still, how has he managed to survive this long without knowing how to take a joke? He kinda just absorbs them.

Jonny just stares at me for a while without breaking stride before he scoffs, snapping his glock closed. He's in no rush to answer the question and painstakingly tucks the weapon into his suit jacket. It's my unwavering grin and refusal to move that wears him down, he makes the wise decision to give in and answer both me and the question.

" I am not grouchy, " he grumbles with a sourness to his tone, " I just don't like people. "

Ya don't say, I think to myself throwing an arm around his shoulder. Jonny bristles at my touch, send me a death like glare but that's all, he tolerates the contact though very reluctantly.

"Now why is that? " I prod not satisfied with such a generic answer.

When he tries to ignore the question, merely giving me another scoff in answer I tighten the hold my arm around his neck almost like a choke hold. He stiffens in response, a smirk (slight though it may be) emerges on that stone slab face which is the closest thing to a smile I've seen from him yet.

"Do I really need a reason to hate mankind?" He replies to my question with one of his own.

Ha! Was that a joke? A surprised and genuine laugh slips past my lips as I hear Jonny Frost attempt at a joke. . . I think. Maybe, just maybe, I can find a way to not hate him; after all, I obviously can't hate a guy with a sense of humor.

"Well, do you like me?" I giggle pretending to actually give a damn.

This time he actually laughs but I decide I don't like it. It's almost mechanical, it's controlled and spiteful. "Hell no. "