19.Worst of the Worst

(A/N I did it!!!)
" You be careful in there, ma'am. " A guard warns me as he unmatched many locks to the cell door, " he's dangerous. "

I smirk at him. "So am I."

I walk through the metal doorway, the steel door closing shut the second I step both feet into the next room sounding impossibly heavy as they lock it back up right sealing me in with the devil I know. There's only one way we're getting out of this room and thats if everything goes as planned so even if I am kinda pissed at him I need him in more ways than one. Still with the image of Harleen with him in my head it makes the thought of freeing him makes me sick because I don't know anything. If it's true or lies, half truth half lies, and that's what's really getting to me.

"My, my, my. . . " his snake like voice purrs from across the room making me raise my eyes, "aren't you a sight for these sore eyes."

For a second, his words make my heart race. He missed me so he must love me right? Maybe as much as I love him. Inappropriate interactions with a patient. Harleen voice echoes in my head making my smile drop.
I can't get that b!tch out my head.

I glare at him, my gaze not softened by his state bundled tight by the canvas like material of a straitjacket and arms pinned down to his body. He angles his head at me, light reflecting off his teeth and dazzling my eyes as he smiles, seemingly delighted by my arrival but I'm not convinced. I needed answers about what I just heard only hours ago and he had just under an hour to give them to me. I might not leave him for good but I sure as he'll will make his life hell until I got tired of fncking with him.

"Good morning." I greet him stiffly, moving forward to sit in the chair across from him.

The chairs steel legs make a mind numbing screech across the concrete floor until they bring it where I want it and sit down. I get to see him up close for the first time and I can't help being shocked at the change that happened so quickly. He's not the vibrant man I saw last, with startling blue eyes and a bright grin instead he just looked tired, worn down. It looks harder than ever before for him to smile at me. Jay seemed paler, wozzy, more out of it than ever before not in his usual way but in the way that comes when you have pills shoved down your throat. I felt an ounce of sympathy for him but I didn't want to show it. I'm still pissed at him but I plan to make who ever did this pay, noone is allowed to Fnck with either of us. Whoever dated to is as good as dead.

"Why so serious, doll?" Jay questions, glancing over my face with concern that makes my heart ache.

" You haven't been very forthcoming with me. " I state, getting straight to the point because I didn't have time to B.S.

"Oh, how's that?"

" You once told me there is only room for one queen in your life, you said it to me but now I can't help but wonder if you were referring to me or you meant someone else. "

" And who would that be? "

I roll my eyes as he tries to play innocent with me, please he's never been innocent a day I in his life. "A doctor by the name of Harleen Quinnzel."

I watch as his eyes light up in realization, the corners of his eyes crinkle as he lets out a low laugh.