31.A Toxic Love

Well that was easier than I thought it would.

I sigh, stepping to stand where Ember once had and stare at the churning liquid below. Could it all be over So quickly? There had been no time to savor the moment, to kill it for all it was worth, she managed to take even that pleasure away from me. Corrupting my thoughts as always with her scent, her words her body in that damn near delicious outfit that made me want to eat her up. She was here one moment, gone the next.

The lovely Ember Les Madaton . . .

My own words echo like a ghost of the past as laugh, smirking and resisting the urge to give the now dead girl a round of applause because she managed to surprise me. No one had ever done that but she did by letting herself fall back and plummet to a burning death all on her own, taking her fate from my hands and into hers. Despite the pain in the ass she'd been, it would seem I owed Ember a sliver of my gratitude for saving me the trouble of killing her myself as I was in the midst of making yet another mistake. I almost repeated the same cataclysmic error that put me in this situation to begin with.

Nearly a second time I spared her life standing with at her back with my arms poised to thrust my hands forward and shove her body over the edge as she stared downwards. I stood there staring at that mass of wild hair, dragging my eyes down the length and curve of her perfectly proportioned body, studies the glow given off not by the fire surrounding us but from her mocha skin. Like a fool, I stared with my hands just inches from her back prepared to seal the deal but stop just short of the final step. My eyes widen as I watch tremors overtake my hands and ball them into fists, backing away before Ember has the chance to see me in my weakness.

There's still time. I told myself

Only there wasn't, Ember made certain of that when she turned to face me. The memory of that strange expression on her face still haunts me,the image blankets my vision with that errie little grin and thats when I realized she knew. Ember saw the weakness in me long ago, she knows she's won and gotten into my head, that she has me at her beck and call even when she never tells me to do a thing. She has the ability to manipulate me with the subtle ways she'd tilt her head at me and gaze up with those bambi eyes. I hated her for it, with very fiber in my being and that is why she has to die. I couldn't have anyone else in control but me and now there wouldn't be.

No more glancing over my shoulder, delayed and her butts in uninvited where ever I went. I never one imagined she would be so hard to shake off, physically and mentally when I first let her into my world. But I'd finally done it, I'm blessed to never be forced to tolerate the the stubborn,vexing woman named Ember Les Madaton with her fine I am finally free to live again.

Free at last. . .

Even as I think these words, something echoes within the hallow of my chest and makes me outside I turn to leave the scene

Even as I think these words, something echoes within the hallow of my chest and makes me outside I turn to leave the scene. It makes me short of breath as I stare at the vats waiting for the pain to pass buy it doesn't and there isn't anything I can do to make it stop. The smile I my face is beginning to waver and I know who's to blame. She's dead and yet she still has the power to ruin me, to drag me down but only if I let her. Only if I let her and I refuse to. So I ignore the sensation, shrugging it off and hold my smile add more odds stack onto my shoulders and weigh down my feet. The very moment that decision is made, an unwelcome foe of my makes an appearance.