The Shimmer

Rico froze, He turned to look back at Brady. "Theres something you should know." The waves crashing behind him and the boat still steadily going under. Brady, bent over out of breath eyed the short boy. "They call it the shimmer." He sounded scared. "Whoever goes in... doesn't come out. They have sent drones... cameras..." He just shook his head looking down. "I didn't arrive on this island alone. There were three of us. Jackson went inside... he is the only thing to return but..." He just looked away. Rico knew his mission was to get Brady back to the castle. It was the only thing that would set him free from this cursed land. Pressing the button was the only thing that kept the shimmer at bay.

The two slipped away in the night, vanishing beneath the awning Chelsea busting beyond the pantry of the kitchen and scurrying out onto the deck. She spun around looking for something to do. Anything possible. Justin was there, he held Max who was still bleeding out. He began to cry over the body. Resting on one of the lawn chairs, max coughed out. "I cant go on... im just a *cough* Muggle." He spat blood with his words. Dripping down his jaw, he wiped it away slowly. Looking deep into his older siblings eyes. "Your affliction isn't your fault..." He rested his hand on justins jaw. "I dont hate you because of the way you look at her." Justin continued to sob. Ivy and Chloe appeared around the corner. Booker, Raven, Freddy, Stan, and Levi as well. Chelsea grabbed her son and hugged him tightly. Justin looked up at ivy and pleaded with his eyes for her to do something. She nodded and knelt down. Pressing her hands against Max's wound she shut her eyes and whispered. Behind them the water rose into a high wall again but this time funneled its way onto the deck taking form of max. Justin was pulled out of the way by Ivys arms. She held him close as the water walked forward and knelt down in front of max. The liquid touched the boys blood and became red completely his form thickening. He then pulled max up and began dancing with him. The chimes and wind instruments filling the air. They twirled and the form sank itself into max. The boy crashed to his knees and looked up at the night sky howling. He then ran and leapt over the balcony diving into the water.

Lucy walked into the room that belonged to London. It was dark and a lot longer than she expected. The whole room was lit up with many ultraviolet lights. She felt around until she came to the bed. Logan was there and he was... naked. Lying next to him was London. They were both indisposed. "You guys need to get up... like now." She cried. "Katie wants to kill London." Logan was the first one up and back in his clothes. He looked around. "James is gonna kill you if he finds out." Lucy laughed. "You broke the fucking circle..."She slapped him in the back of the head. He looked at her with a crooked smile. His open shirt revealing his miscles and she ran a hand along it. "Can she not be in our circle." He asked. "I already am..." She laughed. "Ive known Mason far before either of you... as has max... he is one of us too."

"Okay now its just weird." Lucy cut on another black light. London was behind her and she wrapped her arms around the girls caramel flesh. "Come on... join us." She pleaded. Lucy wanted to fight back but why try... She was consumed. That word really bothered her. Consumption wasn't something she liked thinking about. She gave in. They took her body for what it was meant for. The sheets Egyptian, The white carpeted floor glowing in its somber beam, The large old oak nightstand sturdy like the heart of a lion. The sounds of the night coursing through the air the lies, the secrets, the charisma all bubbling to the surface as the steam correlated through the room like a sauna.

Camille and Jo eventually found there way out of the walls of the ship using several curses. Austin and Cody surfaced as well as Sam and she raced to Freddy more than delighted to see that he was okay. Katie came stumbling out looking around like she had been knocked upside the head with a large boulder. In fact she had crashed three floors down. The collision causing her head trauma and a deep form of memory loss... At least thats what camille claimed. When in fact, 'Obliviate' came in handy rather well on the child. She knew nothing of who she was. Staggering to the smoothie bar she looked up at the guy who was sitting there stuttering to herself before asking him for a shamrock shake. He informed her that they didnt have any. "Its december twenty third." He responded. "Right i knew that." She sounded drunk and when she saw that the guy was an officer, she quickly got up and stepped back. Despite not being there he snatched her and pulled her behind the counter. Camille looked over at Jo with a sluggish shrug. Jo gave a sheepish half smile and turned away from her friend telling herself she needed a drink. Raven approached the actress. "Whats the plan? How are we getting off this boat?" Jo looked her dead in the face and said. "I really dont know." She then took a seat in one of the lounge chairs and shut her eyes. Kendall and carlos were still lost down below. Parker, Zuri, and Ravi had found them. Parker looked at his arm about to ask the questions but kendall knelt down pulling the sleeve back over the boys arm and looking him in the eyes. "Listen. i know how badly you want to be the hero... right now you can only do that for you and your friends... this is a lot bigger than even i will ever know." Carlos stood behind them eyeing little Zuri who was swimming by now. The water up to his waist he lifted her over his shoulders and Kendall did the same for Ravi. They made their way out of the ships belly and onto the surface. Parker looked back wiping out his wand and touching the water. "Galacious." It froze over and the ship got heavier but fortunately it blocked the pathways for anymore water to seep through.

"All right calm down everyone." Boomer paraded around the main lobby of his castle the crowd around him all in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. "I know that things have been a little odd since the arrival of the thing on the dark side of the island as well as the ship that docked on the east end... however... the season will proceed as planned." He spoke of there yearly celebration of winter and the day of giving." A holiday much like christmas except not tied to a myth or story... it is a simple celebration of people. Everyone either creates, or hunts down, or even goes off island tor retrieve a gift specifically designed for another person. The objective is to simply understand the person whom you are giving to. As the people of the villiage rushed to get all the pretty lights up and put bows everywhere the snow began to fall. Miley walked through the gate and was stopped by the guards. Boomer allowed her through and smiled at her. She hugged him and she and McKayla looked at one another. "finally decide you had better things to do than push a button?" The guard asked. "Yeah." Miley nodded at the girl. McKayla found out long ago that she was on the island and visited the girl often. "Where is Ricco?" She placed her hands on her hips and looked around. "He left... went to the ship."

Lanny came running in through the front door crashing to his knees. "My king... A boy has entered the ship with a force field. Something tells me he has been on this island for a long time." Boomer eyed McKayla. She nodded. "Show me." She said to the short man. He and her alone left the castle. Boomer took Miley up stairs and showed her a room. "These are your sleeping quarters." It was more than she could've hoped for. Brilliant and filled with shiny objects that she had no care for. Hair was set up on manican heads all alone the vanity wall. She found a nice long curly red one. She chose it to wear first. "How do i look?" She asked. "Spectacular." He bare his pearly whites.

McKayla gripped her sword watching Lanny who walked rather curiously in front of him. He was shaking and she hoped he did not suspect. Though even if he did she didn't have a choice. What Boomer did was... more than wrong. Keeping them there was against his rights as a king. If Lanny let slip there information they would crown him king. That was an even bigger mistake. She had to deal with him. "Hey." He jumped at the sound of her voice and looked back at her. "We cant go that way..." She spoke like it was in code. "We need to make a plan of attack... go around." She began walking off in another direction and he followed her. She came to a large rock that glowed in the moonlight. Just beyond it was the dark-side. They saw the magistical lighting coming from the air. It was the shimmer. An array of color that seemed like a fog but was more... translucent. She rested down her machete and approached it. The air filled with music. winds that she so loved to hear. Her ear twitched... She smiled her half crooked smile and reached out a hand. "Are you crazy." Lanny slapped her hand away. She looked at him a little scared. He guided her away from it. He handed her weapon back and she looked at him. He had something in his eye... something less evil than his usual persistence. They had a common enemy now. She wasn't sure she could do this. Then Manzana appeared. Lanny was oblivious. Only she saw him. "One day... ill give you a chance to fix everything you did wrong today." She tilted her head and felt her hands move beyond her own control. She grabbed Lanny by the throat and held him down. He looked up at her with fear in his eyes. At this point all she could think about was why? Why couldn't she stop herself? She raised the blade high above her head and the music shifted into this woe and weary stringed song. She sighed and let out a small gasp and she sank her sword into the rock through his stomach. He cried out. "Please!" She could not hear him. All she could do was stare at the shimmer. "please..." He seeped blood from his lips. She shook horrified by what she had done. "You wont feel like this forever." Masons voice came through Manzanas face. "Why!" She screamed. "Because beyond the shimmer... is my home... and only by enduring the course of events meant to take place on kinKow can we ever get there... The forest of Escantar awaits us." He then slid into the shimmer and dissipated. She looked down at the boy who looked up at her curiously before tilted his head away to die.