The swan

Deep into the trees of the island of Kinkow. Past the shore line, beyond the caves, further than the village that once stood so proudly. Even further than the washed up Dharma pods. A castle stood high. "The light side" they called it. There was strict reason for that. Boomer was the current reigning king. His trusty guard MaKayla always at his side they fought the darkness together. Whilst his cousin Lanny, in secret, had an army of his own. They hid out in the Dharma pods. Plotting and planning. The use of the equipment led them to discoveries about the Island they had never known. It was odd When Boomer looked up into the night sky from his boudoir high up in the sky he could sense his twin brother was near. He knew that soon enough the Dark side would rise again... he couldn't fight it alone... MaKayla walked out onto the balcony beside him. "My king..." She asked cautiously. "MaKayla...im no longer the teenage loud mouth you once knew..." She nodded and took a place beside him. "I know... you have become a great king for your people." He pointed to a spot in the distance. "That ship... is not to be touched by our kind." She assured him that they wouldn't and when she left he began to gather items for his leaving. Throwing all the important items he would need into a bag and tying it off before stepping out onto his balcony and using his old sneak out method he and his brother had made a long time ago.

He was headed to the Swan. The pod used for the button where he had friends. Two people the world didn't know about. Long ago a girl had come to this island with split personality. That was back when his people used the Dharma pods to study the island. They stopped and for good reason but Boomer held onto these two. The girl had encountered a heavy battle with herself. Her other self manifesting itself a body and form. The original character had lost its war. Leaving her trapped here. She could never leave and both she and a boy who had come by boat were under the curse of the button. Having to press it every 108 minutes. Ricco and Miley were best friends. Hannah, however, had escaped the island to take over the world as a drone. All of hollywood was filled with creatures like her. Creatures Maddie knew about. Maddie and Hannah had faced off before... Obviously Maddie lost.

He entered through the front door checking once more to make sure no one was behind him. Then he locked the frame. Inside was a series of small corridors each one leading to the same three rooms. One which held the computer and the button, a chamber for the sleeping and a chamber for the map. There were other rooms but they were much smaller. Including the food pantry and the hostage chamber. He took the longest hallway to find Miley sitting at the computer. three minutes on the clock. He smiled when he saw her and she smiled back. "What brings you to this side of Kinkow?" She asked with her mellow accent, a tom boy attire about herself. Sweat pants and a t shirt that was clearly too big for her. "A ship has come to the island... on it is my brother... and something far more... dangerous." He sighed crossing the floor with his arms crossed and resting against the wall. "I want you to press the button now... but next time... let it hit zero." His eyes had something in them... was it fear? She gasped. "You cant be serious." He nodded. then walked down the next corridor and banged on the bedroom door. "Ricco!" He called out with his deep voice. "Ricco! Get out here." The plae small boy had eventually made his way to the door and wiping his face with his long grey sleeves asked what the big deal was. When Boomer explained Ricco reentered his room and packed a bag. "Where are you going?" Boomer asked. "I dont have to answer to a button anymore... its no longer my God. There fore... im taking leave. Theres a ship. Im going to be on it..." He finished packing and left. Boomer returned to the computer room. The two sat in silence as the clock counted back from thirty seconds.

Thirty...

A deep woe overtook Miley. she felt alone again. Though that voice that had once kept her company was now long gone. She could no longer escape into her wigs and feel safe or protected. Her other self had grown evil and now she was sure the world would end. Everything had led up to this. "I should be getting back to the castle..." Boomer sighed. "What do i do if the passengers get here and they decide to press the button." Miley asked.

twenty three...

"You let them... but you get the hell out of here..." HE turned and walked away his pants dragging the ground behind him like a dogs tail, hanging low in disappointment. She nodded and pulled her legs to her chest awaiting the rest of the countdown.

Fifteen... Fourteen... thirteen... Twelve... Eleven... Ten... Nine...

She typed in the correcte numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

Her hand hovering above the button just as the last few seconds counted down her expression so faded and lost. She was broken. As the sounds filled her head once more... the mystical music only she hear... a sound she had been hearing since october that year. Manzana stepping into the light from the shadows. The music building in its wonder and intensity. "One day ill give you a chance to fix what you did here today." He promised. She stared at him and her bottom lip quivered violently.

Four... Three... Two...

The sounds wirred and the room went red. She pressed the button.