Open Invitation

December first, 2017. Logan sat in the auditorium as the Administrator rambled on and on about state promises that he honestly didnt care about nor had to. James beside him listening attentively, or at least trying too, he couldnt quite grasp the information. Logan's A.C.T scores got him several options but he was quite certain he knew where he was going to go. As he viewed the pamphlet in his hand and scribbled away on a scrap piece of parchment.

Standing to his feet as the final bell rang, he noticed that Mason, the new guy, had left behind his tattered journal. The binding was worn and the cover felt like snake skin. It was purple and black with a silver lining. He popped it open to a random page and saw his name... with but little hesitation did this entice him to read more. He noticed quickly that there was information in here that he was quite certain this boy should not know. From the death of Eric Garcia, to the kidnapping of Kendall night. Though his mothers death was the one thing that bothered him most. He slipped his phone out of his pocket and snapped a few photos of some pages before exiting into the hallway. He noticed the blue striped urban pipeline disappearing behind a corner. He stumbled over his own feet to get to the boy.

That night as he lie in his room, which he knew belonged to Patrick, he scrolled through his phone reading this boys horrific novel. Everything from phrase to phrase struck his core. questions bounced around in his head. 'Carlos was innocent?' The Latino had spent two years in Juvenal detention for doing what he did. 'Lucy's father...' Nah that part couldn't be true... he would never bring it up. 'Kendall killed a man...' This Logan could get behind. The next morning he woke up in a cold sweat... He dreamt that Patrick had led him to the basement to find the book. So after he slipped into his white button up and his cakki shorts he went out into the man cave that led to the kitchen. His father busy at his desk typing out some papers. "Morning dad." The man looked back at him and smiled. "Good morning... you okay? You dont look to good." Logan shrugged and just walked out into the kitchen with his head hung low. The nob to the cellar was a little stuck. They didn't go down there. Though after a few hard pushes he got it open.

He climbed down ever so slowly and finally reached the bottom of the deep black pit. There were no lights so he used the flashlight on his phone. It shone over several old farm tools outdated by a century, half the stuff down here was burnt. He panned to the meat cooler which was just a wide open walk in with chains dangling from the ceiling all rusty and cold. He gently grasped one of the chain links in his hand and a flash in his head of the vision of himself killing Katie. He held his hand to his mouth and stifled what was trying to come out. Then walked over to the tool table and picked up the 'Reverse Bear Trap' from the original saw series. He shook in his bones. There was still a tooth lodged in one of the gears. He let it out this time and just let it flow. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw it... The book.

"Logan?" His father asked trotting down the flight of steps. "Logan what are you doing down here?" He shone his light over in the boys direction. "Good god boy whats wrong?" The man knelt down before him and pressed a hand to his jaw. "You're sick my boy... Come on, lets get you back in bed." He looked around the basement and shuddered. "Were going to get this place cleaned out, i dont want you down here." Logan smirked and furrowed his brow. "Im almost eighteen dad... i can handle it." His father looked down at him and snickered a little. "Logan... even i cant handle this." He managed to grab the book before they left the basement. That day he spent looking through it. He saw several things that he was sure had already been covered in the latest 'Anonymous' videos online. One thing that really grabbed his attention was a photograph of the man who owned the house and his son with a family known as the 'Tiptons.' When he saw the name at the bottom of the page in quill ink he pulled out his laptop and typed it in the search bar:

'7 Seas High' He continued to read about the school and listed in the things he could do was a free pre-college program. This captured his interest rather quickly. He could spend the winter there finishing his courses and then get an early start. The 'S. ' seemed to be the perfect place for him. They offered so much. A series of phone numbers were listed including a Mosbey, and a new teacher... 'London Tipton.' He figured the best way to get the information he wanted would be to go to the source. Going back to the book he noticed that written on the next page was an article about the Ministry of magic and how the Tipton family were a very wealthy clan involved in that community. Logan printed off the Pamphlet and closed his laptop sliding his book beneath his bed and laid back down in an attempt to get some more rest.

Looking down a couple of rows he noticed Samantha the new girl he had seen show up at the end of the day on Halloween that year. She was nestled up to a boy, the same boy that had met her on her first day. Freddy Benson. Logan recognized him from the drama department when he had first joined with Jo, which reminded him his next class was biology. The name rang in his head sending him chills down his spine 'Freddy' he shook it off and when the bell finally rang the he acted on instinct and confronted her. "Hey... Sam right? Your the new girl from Seattle. "She has been here a month." Freddy spoke. "Shes hardly new." Sam elbowed him. "But yeah... Whats up." Her eyes glaring at the geeky tech boy but it wasn't like she meant it. Logan pulled out the Pamphlet. "Our first stop is Seattle..." He handed it too her. "Visit your friends back home... maybe they can join us." She looked it over. "Its completely paid for." Logan assured. "And if you dont like it they will pay for you a way home anytime you chose." Sam scrunched up her nose. She was honestly considering it. Her mother had simply abandoned her. She was staying with Freddy, would spend days without coming home and Sam was honestly tired. She looked at Freddy. "I really dont want to end up going alone." Logan kind of pleaded. The girl nodded. "Ill do it... Come on Fred Bag it'll be fun!" She proclaimed. The sophomore was ecstatic but her friend a little hesitant. "I dont know Sam..." She nudged him. "Ill talk Spencer into coming." His face turned into a deep red and he slowly shook his head 'yes.' Logan allowed a wide smile to spread across his face. "Come over tonight... ill put in our applications." He handed Sam his phone with the 'New Contacts' screen opened. She took it from his grasp typing in her number and handed it back to him. "This will be fun."