Replacements and Recruits

"Logan." His voice snapping the stunned pale boy out of his thoughts. He turned to see James standing in the doorway, jacket still on and a bag toted over his shoulder. "Are you okay?" Logan shook his head 'no'. Though he closed the door to the cellar and walked away from it any how. What his father was doing was beyond his control, for now...

Mason was alone sitting atop a cliff looking down over at the waters below. Everything in him wanted to lean forward and let gravity have its magic. Though he could not. Looking out over the waters he knew he had to be out there. On the wide open sea. Continuing his story. These teenagers had no clue how important they are. They were the Greek gods trapped in a paralysis of the twenty first century. James(Aphrodite) Logan(Athena) He could ramble on and on making comparisons. History had been repeating for far to long. These creatures were to be tested to the entirety of what he had to offer. He was, however, quite certain Kendall represented Ares... his internal wrath. Despite the book he wrote was what kept them alive... Every detail was true. This journal which he had in his grasp was their eternity. He drew new life from death. His ink is his weapon. though now, after completing his task he was granted with another. He could now speak things into existence but only if the story required it so. The story was beyond the pages now so the other characters had to do some writing. He stood to his feet and turning on his heel he felt the slight crumbing of dirt beneath him. A boat was docking in the far distance. He swan dove into the waters backwards flipping and disappearing beneath the surface without so much as a ripple.

Lucy stone (Nyx) The goddess of night. Born of Chaos and giving birth to lightness... She was sitting on the front porch with a cigarette between her lips. She never smoke but now was as good a time as any. Carlos had gone inside but only to put his stuff down he felt energies there that were not acceptable. He sat next to her and she passed him the Newport. He dragged and passed it back. "Whats your deal with the moon?" She asked. He looked up at her. "I've always had a connection to the one thing that never abandons you. the moon is always there... she might hide for a day or so but she never leaves... Darkness is the only time i enjoy to be awake." Mason stepped out of the trees and walked towards them. They stood up in unison. He stopped before them smiling: His greatest works of art. "You two be complete... the others still have much to learn. Might i see the cellar of the house?" He spoke like they should know him... Carlos knew him... Carlos went with it. Whilst he nod Lucy did not agree "Excuse me but who are you?" He looked at her. "You've had nightmares about me Lucy dont be naive" It was spoken... she moved out of the way and they allowed the god of purgatory to reenter this forsaken ground. As he entered the building he spoke. "I've always hated Freemasonry." He slumped his coat on the rack Logan's father used. Then entered the living room. "Kendall... would you follow me please?" The boy sitting on the floor in the corner looked up at him with sad eyes. Then rising to his feet the two of them ascended to the kitchen. "Whats down there?" The blonde asked his new friend. "Your next test..." The night boy listened to the words and peered down the long and dark flight of stairs. He felt like he needed to go. Mason began to cast his voice into Kendall's head. The taller boy in the zip up hoodie had no choice but to do everything he was told.

Kendall, with no weary attitude about the subject of the matter, began to climb down the stairs and once he was about three steps in he looked back to see that there was no door. There was only darkness. He took a deep breath and allowed the intensity of the music built into these walls by Lucifer himself to guide him. Upon reaching the bottom step he peered over at a messy meat cooler. Blood was on every wall. Inside and outsides of countless bodies scattered. He saw before him dangling in the air, Sams mother. . She was tired and weak. a stitch along her lower stomach. "Replace her kidney Kendall... with one of yours." He heard Mason loud and clear. "You dont have much time she is dying." Kendall got to the woman and looking over at the table of tools made his decisions. A scalpel for her... a dagger for him. He stood before her in the low lighting of the cooler the redness reflecting on his face as he rose the blade high above himself and then pulling it down he sank it into himself. A deep anger wove itself into Kendall. A hatred for everything he had to endure in this house. He remembered being tied up down here several times... he wasn't quite sure if his insides were his own and his theory was proven correct when he pulled out the kidney he was to give to her. A loud scream and a growl from deep inside his stomach. Blood gushing onto the floor. He sat the kidney in the bucket and took his scalpel and sliced open the wires in her stitches. She groaned but could do no more than that. He then sank his hand inside to feel the emptiness. Feeling the perfect spot he lowered her chains and she sank to the ground. grabbing the kidney her quickly stitched it back inside her. Clip.. clip... zip... then reattaching the wires he slumped back coughing. Air left his lungs and he lie there in a pool of his own blood.

Mason climbed down the stairs looking at the first story he ever spoke into existence. It was beautiful. He now had to save Kendall but the story line needs another character. James... Carlos... Logan would work best he is the only one with any skill around here... but how to get him into the basement? A spirit appeared before Mason. It was Patrick. "uh..." The boy froze. "I know..." Said Patrick his face fading in and out of subtle darkness that took Masons eyes a bit of time to adjust to. "It was too late for me... but it isn't for him..." He had in his hand a jar. "Its his i assure you." Patrick walked over and did his magic on the knight boy. The next time the blonde boy would wake up would be in the tub upstairs full of ice. When Patrick was finished he walked back over to Mason. "My fight is not with you... i respect everything you're doing... i just wanted to be set free." Mason took the hands of the saddened spirit. "I promise... i will come back for you." With a smirk the dead boy held out his pinky. "Lets make it official." A wicked quiet laugh from Manzanas soul. "Bound by the spirit." They linked their smallest fingers and nodded. Then the whole vision disappeared.

Kendall woke up harshly and in a fair amount of pain. He wasn't bleeding anymore and his stitches had been done to perfection. He looked in the vanity wall, unshattered he saw himself the way he was a small voice coming from behind the glass. if he hadn't known any better he had say it was Jo. He turned on the faucet and ran water along his face. Then left the bathroom like nothing ever happened. Though with how he was feeling he was ninety percent sure he had James blood coursing his veins