Barry Allen - The Flash

"Barry? What... what are you..." I trailed off, at a loss for words, my throat tightening and stomach knotting.

Caitlin's eyes snapped back open and she backed away from Barry. He then turned to me, a little confused, almost as if he'd done nothing wrong.

"Y/N, I- we- it's not-" Caitlin stuttered, but even she couldn't come up with an explanation. My throat tightened more and my eyes started to burn.

I shook my head. "Forget it," I muttered, barely loud enough for her to hear. Before the first tear fell, I immediately turned and walked away as quickly as I could; I was embarrassed, angry, and betrayed. The worst part was, Barry didn't seem to notice or even seem to care.

- - -

"Where's Y/N?"

Caitlin pursed her lips and gave Barry a cautious look.

"Your look-a-like may have caused some damage..." she trailed off, guilt written on her face.

His stomach dropped. "What happened?"

"Hannibal kissed me. Or, as she saw it... you kissed me."

- - -

I heard a knock at my apartment door, waking me from the nap I fell into during my endless crying. I quickly tried to wipe away the dried tear streaks across my face, but as I glanced in my mirror on the way to the door, I realized my appearance as a lost cause at this point.

I swung the door open without a second thought, making me immediately wish I hadn't. My eyes fell on an all too familiar face, making a shot of rage and hate spread from my head to toes. Immediately my hand raised and a loud slap rang through the air as my hand connected with his cheek.

"Ouch! Wait!"

Without saying a word, I stepped back into my apartment and launched the door shut, right in front of his face.

I backed away from the door and began to walk back to the couch, my rage dissipating and quickly being replaced with sadness and betrayal. My throat was closing and tears were already beginning to spring to my eyes.

"Y/N, please come back I-"

"Go away," I yelled weakly through the door, nearly choking at the sound of his voice.

"Y/N, I can explain! Who you saw today wasn't me!"

"Yeah? So not only you didn't tell me you were cheating on me, but you also didn't tell me you had a twin brother?" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm and disappointment.

"No that's not it! I just-"

He stopped himself and I heard a muffled sigh on the other side of the door.

"Please, just let me in."

I didn't answer. There was complete silence for the next minute.

"Fine. I'll stay all night if I have to."

"Are you sure? Caitlin's probably gonna miss you," I yell bitterly at him.

"Y/N, it's not what you think! Please, let me explain!"

I rolled my eyes. Without saying anything, I got back up from the couch and trudged back to the door. I unlatched the lock and swung the door open, revealing a very nervous, very worried-looking Barry. I glanced down; now I notice that in his arms are a bouquet of my favorite flowers and two to-go boxes of my favorite Chinese restaurant. My heart melted and sank, all at the same time.

"You have five minutes," I told him weakly as I stepped back, regretfully letting him walk through my door.

"Y/N, you have to understand, the Barry you saw today wasn't me."

"Then who?" I ask, not being able to meet his eyes. As much as I was mad at him, I still didn't want him seeing me like this. I saw his hands place the flowers and Chinese food on a nearby end-table next to the couch.

"Hannibal Bates - he's a shape shifting metahuman," he responded quickly. I raised my eyebrows. "He impersonated me after trapping me in my house. Look, he did this to Eddie too," he explained, taking out his cellphone. On it I watched as Eddie shot two of his coworkers, making me gasp. "See? It happened to him too. Luckily we cleared his name when we caught Hannibal."

I wiped a few remaining tears from my eyes, relief gradually replacing my anger and sadness. I slowly lifted my eyes to meet Barry's, shaking my head.

"Barry I'm... I am so sorry," I said to him, regretting all the anger I had towards him. "I was so quick to blame you... I should have listened, I should have-"

All I heard was a light laugh before he pulled me into him by my waist, making me gasp. He pressed his lips against mine, stopping my sentence from escaping my mouth. I forget everything I was planning to say and apologize for as my eyes flutter closed. I can't help but melt; I let out a small sigh through my nose, feeling him smile against my mouth as he kissed me. My hands wrap around his neck, tugging him closer and trying to get rid as much space as I could between us. I didn't want anything more than to be as close as I could to him, and the thought of that still being a possibility filled me with happiness; no other girl one could take that possibility away from me.

Slowly, he broke away, still smiling.

"Trust me," he says softly and gently. "You don't have to apologize for anything."

I can't help but smile up at him as I study his face. I see his beautiful hazel eyes, his adorable nose, and everything else I love about him that makes my heart race just like the first time I saw him.

I smile even wider and lovingly brush my nose against his, making him let out a quiet little laugh, just before I press one last kiss to his lips, short and sweet.