Rex Salazar - Generator Rex

"I brought your favorite!" I sang, walking the last few paces of hallway into Rex's room. No response. It was dead silent. I turned into the doorway and saw Rex lying on his bunk, staring at the ceiling. He turned his head and gave me a weak smile.

"Hola, Y/N. ¿Qué pasa?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know I took French."

"Don't you mean,  'no mucho'?"

"Yeah sounds about right."

He sat up as I walked over to his bed and handed him a cold can of soda. I sat next to him and I popped the top on my own can, took a sip, and sat it on the floor.

"I heard about you... You know, on the news," I started as Rex took a sip of his soda. Immediately I noticed a slight darkening in his expression as he looked down.

"Yeah. I've been hearing a lot about it too," he muttered bitterly placing his soda next to his foot.

"You wanna talk?"

"Yeah I wanna talk, just not about Cane." He paused and glanced at me. "That means we're gonna talk about Cane doesn't it?"

I laughed. "Yeah. Pretty much."

He sighed. "Alright. Let's see... the first question you're gonna ask is, 'Gee Rex, what about it makes you so upset?'" He mocked in a girly voice.

I dropped my jaw and laughed. "I do not sound like that!"

"And the next question you'll ask is, 'Wow, Rex, how are you so incredibly good-looking, funny, and brave all at once?' And finally the last question, 'Will you marry me and let me have your babies, Rex?!'"

I laughed. "I'm not one of those fangirls that chases you down the street any chance they can."

Rex laughed too. "Ooh, remember when one jumped in a Providence carrier and accidentally ran into Six and kissed him?! Oh man, I almost wet my pants at that one." We both laughed again.

I sighed and then quickly regained my composure. "But, in all seriousness, I can tell this is bothering you... and yes; what about it makes you so upset?"

He sighed. "I don't really know... I'm just so used to helping people, I guess. I'm supposed to be the hero. Suddenly people decide they don't want my help anymore. It's like I'm the bad guy." His hand made a fist next to his leg so tight, it would've made his knuckles turn white if they weren't hidden under his gloves. "I mean, what am I supposed to do with that?"

I looked at him sympathetically and placed a hand over his fist, causing him to relax it. "I understand why that makes you angry, Superboy, but you have to look at it from their point if view too. This is a community that lives in fear of what they can't control. Imagine if you had family and friends in a neighborhood. One day might be completely normal while the next your neighbor or your best friend might turn into an EVO at random, crush your own house right above your head. There's nothing that terrifies them more than EVOs, Rex, and you just so happen to be one."

"Then what do I do, huh? Just stand by and watch?"

I shook my head and took his relaxed hand in mine. I gave it a gentle squeeze. "Just keep being yourself. You've already earned your respect from lots of people out there. Soon the rest of them will realize how great you are, just like I have." I leaned over a pressed a kiss to his cheek.

He turned to me with a slight smile. "Thanks for the therapy session, doc," he joked softly.

I shrugged. "It's what I'm here for."

He raised an eyebrow and that confident glint in his eyes was back to normal.

"So... You think I'm great?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, wipe that stupid grin off your face, bolt boy."

He leaned a little closer. "You know, you're still holding my hand."

"Oh yeah? Well maybe I meant to do that," I challenged. It was either admit defeat or play along and I wasn't surrendering.

"Funny you should say that, because that's the kinda thing couples do..." Yup. He's gonna go there. "And last time I checked, we weren't a couple."

I was running out of ideas. All my witty comebacks were long gone. "Your point?"

He leaned in a little closer and that confident look in his eyes shone even brighter. "My point? Kissing is what couples do too, and I'm about to kiss you so I guess we should become a couple right about..." His eyes flickered down to my lips. He placed his hand on my cheek and just before his lips touched mine he muttered, "now."

Immediately I melted and kissed back. All too soon, he smiled against my lips and pulled away.

"Some therapy session," he said, grinning.