Bruises

Ella

"Get away" I wake up to a stern voice. When I look up, I see Silas looking down at me with a glare on his face. "You heard me. Get away!" he snaps, making me flinch and back away from him. That's the first time he actually talked to me...

I nervously stand up and walk into our room. Why is he so... mean? Maybe I should set him up an appointment for counseling... idk how I'd get him in the car so I can secretly drive him there. Unless... they come to us?

His so scary... terrifying even. I wanna talk to him, but he keeps pushing me away. What's something that always soothed Silas? Me touching him of some sort! And Maddie, but I can't trust him to be around her.

I take a leap of faith and walk out of our room and into the living room where I see him looking at the pictures of the wall. Quietly, I walk up to him and gently hold his tense hand. "Silas..." I say softly in almost a whisper.

He quickly turns to me with anger on his face then pins me into the wall aggressively like a dog about to bite. "STOP GETTING IN MY WAY!" he shouts, making me shiver in fear. "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE, ELLA! YOU DO NOTHING BUT TRY TO 'HELP ME' BUT I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" he snaps and pins his hands harder, causing me to winch in pain.

Tears steam down my cheeks. Silas would never do this. His hands grip harder which I'm sure is forming bruises. "Please stop..." I choke out. He growls and throws me across the room, making me hit my head right where I hit it from the crash. He obviously noticed, but didn't nothing about it.

Maddie quietly walks out of her room, crying. "Mommy..." she runs over to me and sits in my lap. I can't control my tears, they're falling out like a waterfall. "Are you okay?" she asks with nervousness.

I nod and kiss her head. "G-go change baby, we're going out" I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. She hesitates at first then jogs back into her room. Silas goes after me and picks me up by the collar of my shirt.

"You told me you'd never take her away from me! Which you fucking won't!" he growls and raises his hand, making me hide my face and prepare for a hitting. Flashbacks of when I was being bullied runs through my head, the beating... the name calling, all until Silas stood up for me.

He lowers his hand as if he remembered as well. I look at my wrists to see them darkening by the second... as well as Silas's eyes, they're almost black from anger. He walks away from me and goes into the kitchen to grab a full bottle of vodka and chugs it down.

I silently run into our room and change before meeting Maddie out in the living room. "Mommy what's wrong with daddy?" Maddie asks sweetly. Silas looks over to us, continuing to drink the alcohol. I sigh and hold her hand as we walk out of the door. "Where are we doing?" she asks when we get in my car since Silas's is totaled.

I kiss her head and smile. "Daddy needs time alone, we can go anywhere you want" I say softly as I begin driving. She excitedly jumps around and squeals. "So what's on your mind pretty girl?" I look at her with a growing smile.

She thinks. "Chick fil a!" she says hungrily. I nod and drive towards that way. I notice her picking at the best friend bracelet she has with Silas, making me frown. I'm so glad Silas hasn't snapped at her, that would break her heart though he already broke it.

We pull into the restaurant and walk in, order, then sit down to be greeted with the food. Maddie sips onto her milkshake before eating her fries and nuggets. "Know baby, daddy isn't mad at you, he loves you with everything he has" I reassure her and kiss her head.