Halloween

Ella

I. Don't. Want. To. Be. Here.

Lunch. You'd think I learned my lesson, but it's so hard because once again, I can control it. Someone sits in the chair next to me and thinking nothing of it since it's probably Tyler, I lay my head down on the table. "You have to eat" a familiar voice says softly and I shoot up to see Kane.

Silas

Rumors told, Firefly's back. Where the fuck is Tyler? He said he would meet me here five minutes ago. Speak of the devil, he comes running at me. "About fucking time" I hit his shoulder and he groans as he holds it in pain. "Come on" I walk outside where we always eat lunch.

My first instinct is to sit with Firefly, but those backfire when the guy from the hospital who was taking care of her is sitting next to her, laughing. Ugh I can't stand this fucking guy and he's done nothing but take care of her. I haven't spoke to Firefly since the day I told her to do my tattoo, but Tyler has so really she doesn't need another friend.

She looks back at me then her eyes look down at my arm. Her face lights up and I slightly tilt my head in confusion. She notices my confusion and points at her arm. Oh! The tattoo. It actually came out really fucking nice even though I have no clue what it is or what it mean, but I do know there's like a jail cell of some sort.

 It actually came out really fucking nice even though I have no clue what it is or what it mean, but I do know there's like a jail cell of some sort

I look back up at her and give her a thumbs up then Kane grabs her attention. My phone rings so I answer it when it shows up dad. "Yea?" I ask in confusion. Dad never calls me at school unless it's for something important so I don't hesitate to answer even if I'm in the middle of a lecture.

"Halloween. It's night as every knows" he says and I hum. "Gangs are after you Silas and probably Tyler and Ella as well. They're gonna be dressed up so I wouldn't recommend going out for any reason tonight" he says sternly. "Lily understands"

I sigh in relief that Lily understands. Halloween is her favorite since that's the only nit she's allowed to stuff her face with candy. Shit, both of us do so that sucks. "But I take her out every year... it's a tradition. And I'm sure Firefly's gonna take out Maisie so I could secretly follow her" I try to persuade. He goes to speak until I cut him off. "We can dress up in a full costume"

He gets silent as if he's thinking or on mute while he talks to someone. Tyler and I walk outside as I wait for dad to come back to the phone. I pull out a granola bar and begin eating it while Tyler eats a bag of chips. "Only if you stay in neighborhoods near us" dads voice comes back.

I swallow the piece of granola bar I'm eating now before talking. "Will do. I'll talk to them now" I say and dad hums. "Peace out Girl Scout!" I laugh before hanging up. Tyler laughs along then looks at me, waiting for me to explain what's going on. "You see uh, well-"