Part 35

She looks up. "When is it going to end? When... when will everything just be okay? Why do we do this do ourselves? Why did you do it when you were younger? Why... why did you have to become famous so people could hate on you and us? Why..?" She says, with tears in her eyes. I lean back in the chair. The worry and sadness and anger in me is gone. All my feelings are gone. I'm numb.

"I'm sorry."

Demi's POV
I look up as Dallas walks out of the emergency hallway guided by a nurse dressed in scrubs. She looks drained and tired and her cheeks and eyes are red like she had been crying. She sits down in the faux leather chair next to me with a sigh. "She's getting stitches." She says blatantly and I just nod. "She screamed at me to get out, wouldn't let me stay in there. I don't understand what's up with her." She says, her voice cracking.

I don't look at her, instead I stay silent and stare forward at the service desk, watching the man sitting behind it talk to the mother of a girl in a soccer uniform with what seems to be a sprained ankle. Marissa hasn't said anything, and is just sitting there on her phone. Dallas leans in front of me and looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed. Her eyes lock with mine but I quickly look away. "Dem?" She says, her voice sounding worried. I place my hand on hers as if to tell her to leave it alone. I know if I start talking I'm going to cry, or I'm going to freak out, and I can't let that happen. I've already been such a burden on them. I need to be the strong one now, I caused all their problems and now I need to fix them. To my surprise, Dallas leans back in the chair and sighs again.

We're sitting there for a while before Maddie walks out with a boot on her foot. I stand up and grab my purse, walking to the counter with Maddie. I pull out my card and give it to the man, paying the copay for Maddie. "Have a great day" he says as he hands me back my card. I give him a smile and put my card back in my purse, turning around and walking to the car, expecting the others to follow me.

"Demi?"

"Dem?"

"Demetria!"

I turn around at the sound of my full name. "What?!" I yell, my voice echoing through the empty parking lot. All three girls are staring at me with confused faces. I raise my eyebrows, waiting for one of them to talk.

"What's up with you?" Dallas says, and I sigh, turning around.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I mumble, unlocking the car with my keys and getting into the drivers side. The rest follow suit, getting inside the car and closing the doors. I turn the key in the ignition, putting the car in drive and setting off back to home.

"Demi?" Pause. "A-Are you mad at me? I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to, I-I just couldn't help it..." Maddie says from the back seat and I sigh.

"I'm fine." I say. I know I'm going to have to talk to her later, find out why she didn't come to me, one of us, before she hurt herself.

"Jeez did you forget your meds this morning?" Dallas says and I bite my lip. Nothing gets me more pissed off than when someone says something like that. I don't answer, I just need to make it home.

We pull into the garage and I quickly turn off the car and grab the keys, grabbing my purse and getting out. I type in the keypad combo for the door and it unlocks. I walk in my room and shut the door, locking it. I sigh and fall on the bed. Finally, I'm alone.

Tears quickly fall out of my eyes, streaming down my face. It feels like someone is pressing on my chest with immense force. I can't breathe. I've lost all sense of reality and I can feel myself slipping into a dark hole. My hands tangle in my hair and my heart pounds in my chest. I open my eyes for two seconds and see Patrick standing at the edge of my bed with a grin on his face. Full terror takes over my body. "No!" I scream. "NO!" My body curls itself into a ball and I can feel his dirty, grimy hands touching my body. This can't be real, he's dead, he's gone. But no matter how many times I tell myself this it doesn't help. I can still feel his hands on me. I try to push them off, and they wrap around my neck. I scratch at my neck, trying to pry them off, gasping for air. My throat burns, my nose stings. I can't feel anything except his hands on me. Then suddenly, the feeling leaves, and he's gone, just like that. I collapse on the bed, tears rolling down my face and my breathing ragged. I open my eyes and see Marissa and Maddie staring at me. It's then that I realize Dallas has her arms wrapped around me and her hands and are holding mine.

I let the sobs rack through my body. What the fuck just happened. I've had flashbacks before, but never like that. Dallas slowly let's go of my hands, and I look at them. There's blood on my fingers. My eyes widen. What the fuck did I do? I jump up and face Dallas. "D-Did I-I hurt y-you?" I ask, panic still evident in my voice. She shakes her head no and I feel some relief wash through me.

"You... hurt yourself." She says and I look at her. I look at my wrists. Nothing new. Just scars. She slowly gets up and grabs my hand, leading me to the bathroom. She stands me in front of the mirror and I gasp. There's scratch marks all over my neck and some are bleeding.

I lean on the counter and put my head in my hands. "Fuck." I say, sighing. I feel arms pull me up.

"We need to clean these." Dallas says and I nod. She grabs a washcloth from the drawer and runs it under warm water. I watch as she rings it out and brings it up to my neck. She places the washcloth on my neck and my heart rate immediately increases. I jump back, my breathing ragged yet again.

"D-Don't." I stutter out.

I feel arms wrap around me from behind. "Why not?" I hear Maddie say. I jump back, paranoid. I can't understand why these feelings overcome me. Why am I acting like this? I grab the washcloth from Dallas.

"L-Let me." I say, gently patting the washcloth on my neck. When I'm done, I drop it in the sink and sit on the edge of the bathtub. "I-I'm sorry." I say, looking up at the worried faces of my sisters. "I-I don't know what happened. I-I saw him, Dal, he was there. H-He touched me. H-His h-hands were o-on my n-neck." I say, as tears stroll down my face.

"Who babygirl?" Dallas says, sitting next to me.

"P-Patrick."

Okay, I hope this makes up a little for not updating recently. Again I'm really sorry. I tried to make this somewhat long but when I started writing the whole Patrick part I started getting super panicked and kinda relived the whole situation that Demi has. Which inspired the rest of what happens. So I didn't finish writing this until today. I hope I'll be able to update more. Thank you all for your kind words and for reading. I love all you guys. And just because I'm going through shit doesn't mean I can't help you guys. If any of you ever need anything or just want to talk or just want a friend, please don't hesitate to message me. As always,
Stay Strong,
Giana❤️