Part 28

Dallas' POV
"Shh baby it's okay" I calmly speak to Demi. She hasn't stopped crying, it kills me to see her like this. I lean back against the headboard of her bed, pulling her body closer to me, careful not to touch her back too much.

Demi eventually falls asleep, so tired from all of the crying. "Dal?" I hear Maddie's small voice say. I look up at her, careful not to move Demi.

"Yeah?" I answer her, my voice quiet.

"What does purple mean?" She asks and I bite my lip.

"When Dems and I's birth father would.. hurt her, she was so y-young, that when I would ask her how much pain she was in, we created a scale based off the rainbow. It helped her understand more, because she knew the colors of the rainbow, but not all the numbers yet. Red being no pain, purple being the worst pain. I-It sounds silly, but it worked for us." I explain, my eyes filling with tears at the memories of all the times I would have to comfort my little sister after what he did to her.

"He's such an asshole! I hope Patrick is paying for what he did bec-" Maddie starts yelling but is cut off by Demi gasping for air. Both of our heads shoot to Demi's direction. Fear is evident in her eyes.

"W-Where? D-Dally d-don't let h-him g-get me!" She stumbles out and I pull her closer to me. Maddie said Patrick, did that wake Demi up?

"He can't get you Dem I promise baby" I say to her and she sighs, biting her lip.

"W-Why can't I just be o-okay" she says, making tears fill both Maddie and i's eyes.

"You will be Dem. You're so strong it's crazy. You've gotten through so much, you can get through this." Maddie says and Demi stares at her, a look of guilt on her face.

"I'm so s-sorry Mads." She says and we both look at her confused. "B-Both of you... have gone through so much shit, and it's all because of me." She says and I look at her.

"Demi, it's not your fault babygirl. It will never be your fault. Please believe me." I say to her and she just looks down.

Suddenly, the basement door slams, and we all jump. "I'm back!" A man's voice calls, and Demi cowers in fear.