Part 2

Maddie's POV
I look up as Demi suddenly walks into my room with tear tracks down her face. I immediately jump up. "Dems what's wrong?" I ask her and she replies with a slight shake of her head.

"Can we talk?" She asks, her voice raspy. I simply nod and watch as she sits down next to me on my bed. It's silent for a while before she speaks up. "Can I see?" Demi asks, simply looking down at my arm. It was obvious what she meant, but why not pretend that I don't understand? Maybe I won't have to show her.

"What do you mean Dems?" I ask her, and she looks at me raising her eyebrows.

"Did you forget who you're talking to?" She asks, her voice still soft. I sigh and roll up my sleeve. There's no point in fighting it, she'll know eventually. I look up at my still broken sister's face. She bites her lip, preventing tears from spilling out of her eyes.

"Give me them." She says and my heart nearly stops. Three simple words yet they scare me so much. I stare at her. How do I give up the only things keeping me sane? "Mads..." Demi begins. "I know it's hard baby girl trust me. I still want to sometimes grab a blade and use it. Or purge, or drink. It's hard. But it's killing me knowing that you're doing this. All three of you are dealing with this. And I can't help but feel like it's my fault. And if it is I'm sorry. But Maddie if you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for me and Mar and Dal. Because knowing you're doing this to yourself is killing me and I don't know how much longer I can do this if all of you are dealing with this because of my stupid ideas." She finishes and I look at her sighing.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, genuinely worried about the health of her.

"I don't know Mads, but I know you're not. Please just give them to me." Demi replies and I sigh, and get up to collect all the blades from my room.