Part 10

"Lets go to the hospital." I tell them and they both nod. We get in the car and begin to drive to the hospital when I get a phone call. I answer and put it on my hands-free thing on my car. "Hello?" I ask, kind of confused as the number wasn't one that I recognized.

"Hello, is this Dallas Lovato?" the man on the phone says.

"yes.." I say, still confused.

"We have called to alert you that your mother Dianna...."

Maddie's POV

"We have called to alert you that your mother Dianna De La Garza went into cardiac arrest about five minutes ago and was brought back by our doctors. She is currently just stable enough to be alive, we have her ready to be put on life support, as she won't last long on her own, with your permission." The lady says and I watch Dallas' jaw clench. She seems as if she's fighting tears.

"Y-Yes." Dallas' shaky voice says.

"Okay ma'am, can you please state your full name then say that you give permission for your mother to receive life support treatment? I'm sorry, its just for legal reasons." She says and Dallas takes a deep breath in.

"I, Dallas Leigh Lovato give the hospital permission to put my mother, Dianna De La Garza on life support." Dallas says, and lets a breath out when she finishes. Marissa grabs Dallas' hand and rubs her thumb across the top of it to comfort her.

"Thank you ma'am. I'm very sorry about your mother." The lady says, and with that the line goes dead. The car is silent, and Dallas drives slowly to the hospital, trying to avoid the whole situation. No one talks.

Suddenly, the car speeds up as Dallas yells "Shit!". Marissa and I look at each other confused.

"What?" I asked, kind of scared at how fast Dallas is driving.

"Demi's at the fucking hospital alone!" Dallas yells again and Marissa and I's eyes go wide.

Marissa's POV
I forgot about how she was there alone. Dallas speeds to the hospital and we rush out of the car and run inside. "Dianna De La Garza! My sister, Dianna's daughter was here- she was here waiting for me." Dallas says frantically.

"Um I'm pretty sure she went into the bathroom about 15 minutes ago." The lady says, sounding confused.

"Did a nurse go with her?!" Dallas asks and the woman furrows her eyebrows.

"Um I don't think so, why would-" She begins but stops talking when Dallas basically sprints to the bathroom. Maddie and I stay close behind. Dallas stops at the locked door and knocks to make sure its not anyone else. There's no reply.

"Okay is your name Demi Lovato because if so I'm coming in." Dallas says and a small 'yes' is heard through the door. Fuck, it is Demi. Dallas tries the door handle but its locked. "Demi please open the door." Nothing. "Demi please unlock the door or I'm going to have someone else do it." Nothing again.

I turn my head as Maddie sprints away from the door. I look at a frazzled Dallas and she looks confused too. Maddie comes back a mere 10 seconds later with a nurse holding a key. The nurse unlocks the door and the three of us pause and look at her, mentally asking her for privacy. She looks at us and just walks away. Celebrity perks? I don't know.

Dallas swings the door open and we rush in, slamming the door closed behind us. Paparazzi don't need to see whatever is happening. We all stop. Just freeze. We all just freeze. Demi is sitting on the floor, with blood smeared everywhere. There's tears running down her face. It looks like a scene from a sick and twisted movie. No one knows what to do in this moment. Demi looks up at all of us with sad and scared eyes. This all happens in about 5 seconds.

Before Dallas or I could do anything, Maddie rushes over to Demi. Maddie's crying too, and Dallas and I are still kind of frozen. "M-Maddie, n-no." Demi manages to say to Maddie but is ignored. "D-Dal get h-her ou-out." Demi says to Dallas and Dallas jumps into action, taking Maddie's arm, against her will, and bringing her outside the door to wait.

Dallas comes back in and shuts the door. "Dems, I'm so sorry. God Demi i'm so sorry, this is my fault." Dallas says and sits down next to Demi, crying.  I look at Demi's arms. They're sliced, and they're still bleeding. Not good. I look back up at Demi and she looks like she's about to pass out.

"Dal, she's gonna pass out." I warn Dallas and this just triggers her to start crying harder. Since Dallas isn't going to do much, I jump in and slowly pull Demi up. She looks so.. broken. I pull her over to the sink and rinse her arms off. Luckily, underneath the sink there is a first aid drawer, so I pull that open and find gauze, ACE bandages, and a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

I spray some of the peroxide on her arms and she winces slightly, even though hydrogen peroxide doesn't really sting. I watch the peroxide bubble and fizz in reaction to her cuts. I then lightly dry off her arms with a paper towel and place the gauze on top and wrap her arms. I take off my hoodie and put it on Demi, making sure the sleeves are covering the wraps on her arms, because I know paps are definitely put there.

Demi pulls the hood up over her head and I pull Dallas up off the floor. We walk out and Maddie gets up and follows us, staying silent. Dallas and Demi keep their heads down the whole time while we walk to the waiting room. We sit down and suddenly I hear this voice. It sounds like Maddie.

"Marissa... Marissa? Come on Marissa!"

Okay another cliff hanger, sorry! Has anyone watched 13 Reasons Why yet? Cause I did and holy shit it's so good! Thanks for reading and commenting and voting! As always,
Stay Strong,
Giana❤️